When is the last day to lift and shift?

Cruise’n

37 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

is extended to Nov 30 but with a new terms and conditions for Celebrity says: Bookings for 2021 sail dates may shift to 2022 only on current deployment open through May 4, 2022.

Similar wording if for Royal.

Guests are eligible to lift & shift to qualifying sail dates that depart on-or-before April 30, 2022 – subsequent sailings do not apply.

We did a L&S yesterday.  We thought it was last minute, but then it was extended right after we got the confirmation.  We did not think our sailing would qualify for the  L&S as it was not the same itinerary (Tokyo to Seattle in May 2021 vs Brisbane, AUS to Honolulu in April 2022), but it did.  We knew we would not be going on the May 2021 sailing, so were waiting to cancel to see if it would be canceled by the cruise line instead.  We had a non-refundable deposit on that cruise.  When we found out we had friends on the same sailing who did the L&S we decided to do it, too.  We were able to retain the fantastic price we got on the Tokyo TP and transfer it to the Australia TP.  Maybe it applied because they were both Transpacifics, even though the ports were different?  At any rate, I am happy about the change.😁

• 1 month later...

It appears at least for now L&S has been extended for Alaska sailings after 4/22. When Alaksa came out today I checked and was given options to lift and shift our 5/2021 cruise tour to 6/2022. I submitted and just saw we even both get the same Junior suites we had before.

Edited by Nemomof3
wording

23 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

It appears at least for now L&S has been extended for Alaska sailings after 4/22. When Alaksa came out today I checked and was given options to lift and shift our 5/2021 cruise tour to 6/2022. I submitted and just saw we even both get the same Junior suites we had before.

Whether that is because they actually extended it which is contrary to the current terms posted or it’s an error in their programming that automatically allows you to se options (but it could very well be denied) remains to be seen.

Please report back if it is successful.

Here are the current terms that have not been updated.

Guests are eligible to move their reservation under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and November 30, 2020 to sailings departing through April 2022 only. After this point, Lift & Shift will expire and is no longer available.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whether that is because they actually extended it which is contrary to the current terms posted or it’s an error in their programming that automatically allows you to se options (but it could very well be denied) remains to be seen.

Please report back if it is successful.

Here are the current terms that have not been updated.

Guests are eligible to move their reservation under the Lift & Shift guidelines between now and November 30, 2020 to sailings departing through April 2022 only. After this point, Lift & Shift will expire and is no longer available.

Royal is now showing the 2022 dates under our future cruises. When I looked at lift and shift a few weeks ago it said our cruise wasn't eligible but when I looked yesterday it gave options. We haven't received anything saying it went through but in the system it has switched to 2022. We are traveling with in laws and her Dr will not let her travel yet so hopefully this works the new prices are a bit higher.

2 minutes ago, Nemomof3 said:

Royal is now showing the 2022 dates under our future cruises. When I looked at lift and shift a few weeks ago it said our cruise wasn't eligible but when I looked yesterday it gave options. We haven't received anything saying it went through but in the system it has switched to 2022. We are traveling with in laws and her Dr will not let her travel yet so hopefully this works the new prices are a bit higher.

That could easily be a software issue.  We won’t know until someone actually does it and has it approved. 

does anyone know what they will do if there are no comparable sailings to lift/shift to? 

we're on Jan 2 2021 sailing of grandeur for 7 nights from baltimore

the only sailings out of baltimore for Jan 2022 are 8 nights 

i'm expecting our Jan 2021 sailing to be cancelled but if it isn't, i'm looking at options to either take FCC or just lift and shift 

39 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

does anyone know what they will do if there are no comparable sailings to lift/shift to? 

we're on Jan 2 2021 sailing of grandeur for 7 nights from baltimore

the only sailings out of baltimore for Jan 2022 are 8 nights 

i'm expecting our Jan 2021 sailing to be cancelled but if it isn't, i'm looking at options to either take FCC or just lift and shift 

Did you try it on the rcl site? It might show you another cruise out of a different port. You can do it mock and then back out of the lift and shift options. 

I'd be surprised if January isnt cancelled. Check out your options and let us know what comes up.