When is the last day to lift and shift?

Cruise’n

My guess is it won't return unless cancelations are extended. I figure they think at this point anyone who wasn't comfortable sailing in the next few months already took advantage of the l/s, but that if cancelations extend into Jan/Feb/later that the people who were maybe comfortably with late spring/early summer cruises might cancel if that's their only option once cancelations are extended. I could see a group of people being ok sailing 4+ months after it restarted and can see how things shake out but not want to be in the first month or two. But considering right now all those people fall under the FCC until 48 hours before there's also a chance that RC will just take the you're stuck with FCC route. 

4 minutes ago, Cruise’n said:

I looked on the Royal Caribbean web sight under “health and travel “( updated September 28,2020) 

And I did not see a date that ‘lift and shift’ expires on. Am I not seeing where it says expires on... or has it always been like that?

All the way at the bottom.  Cruise with confidence....until Sept 30

39 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

My (worthless) opinion is that they’re pretty much overloaded with L&Ss and will not extend it. 

Then what happens as more cruises start getting cancelled...then what will RCI do ?

Many have cruises that they can't L/S because the schedule isn't open to shift them to.

Alaska, Canada New England 2022 ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have only one cruise booked and there is no L & S cruise available for us. 

No...nothing for us to L/S to for our July 30th....if there was I think some of might.

I feel fortunate I've been able to L/S three of my five.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol its extended. Maybe the rest of 2022 will be released and we get some more space to move stuff.

I'm shift faced too

Wording for L and S still says only cruises thru April 20221.  So you couldn't shift an October 21 cruise to October 22 unless that is an oversight or will be changed iLift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year departing on or before April 30, 2022. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before November 30th, 2020.

Edited by molly361

6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Wording for L and S still says only cruises thru April 20221.  So you couldn't shift an October 21 cruise to October 22 unless that is an oversight or will be changed iLift and Shift is for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. For CWC guests that are ready to move to an alternative sail date in the following year, we’re happy to price protect the original pricing and/or promotion if the alternative sailing is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category. However, the alternative sail date that the guest will be moved to, needs to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year departing on or before April 30, 2022. For example, if you are moving from a July 30, 2020 sailing, you must move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, and stateroom category, and the sail date should be June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021. To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before November 30th, 2020.

Ohhh, so doesnt help us much. I'm done unless they change to date when they release more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

To be eligible, guests must move their booking on or before November 30th, 2020.

This does help us!! We have Oasis booked 12/13/2020 if it goes we will sail but if not we want to lift and shift. I wanted to wait and see but was worried it would be cancelled after the September 30th lift and shift end. I am relieved lift and shift has been extended.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I already had visions of getting to book next year and lifting to allure end of 2022 and early 2023 dancing in my head .... assuming rcl actually restarts work on pier 3 in Galveston. 

I had those same thoughts but out of PC- see if my TA had any groups Oct-Dec 2021 that could be shifted to 2022😇

Edited by molly361