ANYONE BEEN TO CORAL BEACH?

elaineb

• 1 month later...

Yes I went to Coral Beach back in February, and wasn't that impressed, I'm afraid.

I love the chic feel of Royal Palms, and the rustic Caribbean feel of Calico's.  This is neither.

The actual beach (which of course varies) is very small, and they try to get as many chairs in as possible.  Service was slow, although they weren't particularly busy.  I had a chicken sandwich and was really disappointed - I don't expect gristle in a chicken sandwich, and especially not on Grand Cayman!

Is it a place you can go, get a chair, some lunch and be on the beach when visiting on a cruise ship?  Yes, absolutely - it's about your only option right now if you want something that offers food, drinks, bathrooms, etc.  But set your expectations accordingly.

• 1 year later...

We also went to Royal Palms back in 2015 and had planned to do the same thing this year.  I think we will try Coral Beach.  We mostly want to have access to facilities, not pay much to get it (I hear it is like $5, but please correct me if I am wrong).  We mostly want to enjoy the beautiful water and have access to food/drink/bathrooms only if needed.  If anyone has done this recently, please give me all the details.  We will be sailing in July.

• 3 weeks later...

There’s pics and stuff on their webpage, and a few reviews on Facebook, but if you have specific questions I’d suggest contacting them directly for answers.  There may not have been enough cruise visitors since reopening to get any definite feedback here.

https://coralbeach.ky

https://www.facebook.com/coralbeachcayman

Coral Beach is still operating, and reviews say it has good eats. We walked past it on our stay over vacation. There was very little beach on April 24. See the photos. There is profound beach erosion on 7 mile beach. Hoping it will return in years to come.  If you want a true beach experience, then go to Cemetery Beach(lots of natural shade until afternoon) or Governor’s Beach. Excellent snorkeling there as well. There are no facilities or food, however.  

8096F16F-F699-4A9C-9210-BB873CAE6671.jpeg

C60DC6F1-1C23-497E-9922-F94F077B8C76.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Thanks.  Are taxis easy to get back to the port?

Usually, but who knows these days.  If there’s none around, have the bar staff call you one.  You can get the driver’s card on the way there, just in case.

• 1 year later...

Coral Beach Club in Grand Cayman -- There's only beach access via some steps, nothing is directly on the beach. AND 75% of their beach front is taken up with private $400 "cabanas," none of which were being used that day. If you're lucky you'll get 2nd or 3rd row chairs, and there's not many of them. Really disappointing.

CoralBeach.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, donnalouise332 said:

Coral Beach Club in Grand Cayman -- There's only beach access via some steps, nothing is directly on the beach. AND 75% of their beach front is taken up with private $400 "cabanas," none of which were being used that day. If you're lucky you'll get 2nd or 3rd row chairs, and there's not many of them. Really disappointing.

CoralBeach.jpeg

This is helpful information.  Was checking out Celebrity's beach excursions for an upcoming March cruise and they only use Coral Beach Club.  I'll take a pass on those and find a taxi to take us to Governor's Beach instead.  I understand there are no facilities there, but for a few hours, it appears to be a good no-cost option.

• 4 months later...

Don't go there!  There is no beach if it is high tide. There is a sea wall and you must walk down wood stair to get to the water.  The water was right against the sea wall and yet older people were trying to get in.  It is called Coral Beach for a reason. They were knocked down by the waves and cut up.  There was no lifeguard to tell them not to go in. First aid was being applied to many people. The chairs are on the man made area along with the bar.  We complained to the ship as this was advertised as 7 mile beach and it was definitely was not. It may have been a small section but not the good 7 mile beach which we know of.  Apparently a lot of people complained and we got our money back.