Can't find my refund

MSBfan

Had a booking that got cancelled, rebooked and that got cancelled too so I requested a refund.

Got 1 refund under the original booking number to Acct # XXXX

Got 2 refunds under new booking number to Acct's #XXXX & YYYY

Carnival SAYS on 6/16/20 they processed 3 separate $200 refunds to Acct's #AAAA, BBBB, CCCC and they were Mastercards.

Only problem is I have NO CC's that end in AAAA, BBBB, CCCC. MasterCard/Visa/AMEX/or Discover

I DID however pay a portion of this cruise using 3 different Carnival GC's. Carnival says their GC's are Visa backed. And of course once I used these cards I got rid of them since they can't be reloaded.

Called my PVP and he forwarded the matter to his supervisor and said I would hear from him in 7-10 business days.

It's been the 10 days and I haven't heard back. My question is what should be my next course of action? Is it reasonable to expect them to be able to find the full account number of where the missing refunds went and find out who got it? 

Everything to this point has went well with the 4+ bookings I've had to reschedule/cancel/book new, and I'm not flush enough with cash to just write off 600$.

Any advice is appreciated.

If you paid with gift cards, they "should" refund them with actual new plastic gift cards in the mail. I had a time getting a gift card refunded because I used it for a Fun Shop purchase.. took multiple calls and almost 6 months. They actually have a Gift Card Refund Resolution department who is specifically dealing with gift cards. At least they did in late August, and a lot can change in 6 weeks!

That is who you want to get in contact with. The guy I spoke to on the phone said he would email them with all my info and he would get back to me. He never did, but the gift card showed up 6 days later. Don't know if you can actually talk to that department or if they are a sub-set of the general Resolutions Department, but that is who you need to get ahold of. 

This also happened to me.  Carnival said the refund was processed but it was not credited to my current credit card # but a prior credit card # that got cancelled due to fraud.  I called the credit card company and they applied the credit to the current credit card #.

If they are actual Carnival Gift Cards you will either receive a physical gift card sent to you by Fed Ex or a Digital one sent to your email. Make sure Carnival has a current physical address and email address for you.. After you  confirm all is correct  ask them to send an inquiry  to the Gift Card Dept to see where they are. If they were Gift Cards from somewhere else, they are put directly back to the original gift card and you are responsible for them.

Yes, some are getting physical cards sent and I believe that if they're $500 or more, they arrive via FedEx and require a signature.  Not as much of a problem now that so many of us are working from home.  But some have said they received theirs as ecards and found them in their spam folder!

I just asked my TA to leave mine in limbo as I used them to purchase discounted Cruise Cash back when they had a "sale" on those.  I wanted to preserve the discount and will apply them to a future cruise (have 4 booked but want to wait to decide which to apply once we have a better idea of when that will actually happen).

17 hours ago, MSBfan said:

Had a booking that got cancelled, rebooked and that got cancelled too so I requested a refund.

Got 1 refund under the original booking number to Acct # XXXX

Got 2 refunds under new booking number to Acct's #XXXX & YYYY

Carnival SAYS on 6/16/20 they processed 3 separate $200 refunds to Acct's #AAAA, BBBB, CCCC and they were Mastercards.

Only problem is I have NO CC's that end in AAAA, BBBB, CCCC. MasterCard/Visa/AMEX/or Discover

I DID however pay a portion of this cruise using 3 different Carnival GC's. Carnival says their GC's are Visa backed. And of course once I used these cards I got rid of them since they can't be reloaded.

Called my PVP and he forwarded the matter to his supervisor and said I would hear from him in 7-10 business days.

It's been the 10 days and I haven't heard back. My question is what should be my next course of action? Is it reasonable to expect them to be able to find the full account number of where the missing refunds went and find out who got it? 

Everything to this point has went well with the 4+ bookings I've had to reschedule/cancel/book new, and I'm not flush enough with cash to just write off 600$.

Any advice is appreciated.

My overage from our cancelled /rescheduled April cruise was 680 dollars.   That was sent back to me as carnival gift cards since i mostly paid for that cruise with the gift cards.   They were send fed ex to me as 2 different cards...one for 600 and one for 80.   I never had to sign for them, they were left on my front porch.    

Did you have a PVP?  Mine handled everything and always resolves any issues pretty quickly.   Otherwise ask for whatever dept handles the gift card refunds and get the tracking info on how/where sent to you.    Ask if they can be reissued....hopefully somebody else did not receive and use them.

Good luck and i hope this all gets resolved