NCL Gem 2/2021 dining reservations

andychris

Dining for our gem cruise in February was supposed to open up last week, oct 14. We called since it wasn’t available online or the app. NCL said there were unsure when it would be available. I happened to look last night and you can make reservations for the specialty restaurants but not the main dining room. 
I know I’m being optimistic that we are even going on this cruise but staying hopeful. 
Any ideas why you can not make dining reservations for the free restaurants? 
has this happened to anyone else?

thsnks!

Yea...being optimistic.  But, personally I would not be concerned about advanced reservations in an MDR on the Jewel class ships.  You usually can just walk up and seldom have more than 15 minute wait.  And you can easily make those reservations on the ship.  In fact, can you make advance for the MDRs?  

We got the same notice for our Feb 24, 2021-March 1, 2021 cruise on the Encore. Specialty dining is open for reservations but not the main dining room yet.  Online it says to come back on the 27 of October to book all dining. Savor and Taste and Manhattan dining rooms.  We usually eat at the specialty dining rooms if we can.  We eat dinner super early, when restaurants open.  I am optimistic this cruise will sail in February 2021.  It's a 5 day cruise from Miami.

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

We got the same notice for our Feb 24, 2021-March 1, 2021 cruise on the Encore. Specialty dining is open for reservations but not the main dining room yet.  Online it says to come back on the 27 of October to book all dining. Savor and Taste and Manhattan dining rooms.  We usually eat at the specialty dining rooms if we can.  We eat dinner super early, when restaurants open.  I am optimistic this cruise will sail in February 2021.  It's a 5 day cruise from Miami.

I actually believe that you have a chance of sailing on your 5 day cruise,  I am on the Gem's 10  day February cruise out of NYC and am convinced that it will be canceled for a myriad of reasons, including surging rates of infection, lack of ability to sufficiently address port excursions and social distancing even if the ports allow us to enter, and the fact that the Gem does not meet the criteria established in the CDC-cruise industry report of limiting cruise occupancy and controlling port visits and such.   That can be accomplished by your short Miami-Nassau-private island stop. 

Edited by Surfsup2017

My Jan 11, 2021 Pearl cruise still says "Not available to book" for all specialty dining.  That's what it has said for a while (I think within 120 days?).  It's a 10 day sailing, and more toward the beginning of January, so I don't have a lot of confidence it'll go anyway.  Seeing reports of people on shorter cruises being able to reserve dining, makes me even less confident it'll go.  To me, it makes it seem like NCL doesn't think it'll go either - if they did, they'd let us reserve dining.

45 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

My Jan 11, 2021 Pearl cruise still says "Not available to book" for all specialty dining.  That's what it has said for a while (I think within 120 days?).  It's a 10 day sailing, and more toward the beginning of January, so I don't have a lot of confidence it'll go anyway.  Seeing reports of people on shorter cruises being able to reserve dining, makes me even less confident it'll go.  To me, it makes it seem like NCL doesn't think it'll go either - if they did, they'd let us reserve dining.

Yeah. Mine is a 4 day cruise out of Miami. I'm cautiously optimistic.