Gluten free

Dred pilot Roberts

• 2 weeks later...

On our Divina January, 2020 cruise, there was absoluterly no gluten free pizza.  We were in the Yacht Club and spoke to the Captain as well as several officers and they all said that it was an issue and that they had requested GF Pizza be added to the menu.  We were really surprised as my DH had been served GF pizza on every sailing we had been on since my husband was diagnosed with Celiac 10 years ago.  He had GF pizza on Azamara, RCCL, Princess, Seabourn, Regent and Celebrity.  Now some served really poor frozen pizza while RCCL had some of the best GF pizza he has ever eaten.  MSC did have GF pasta and bread.  Our butler found some really good GF crackers and gave us several packages to keep in our room.  We ate most meals in the Yacht Club restaurant.  Our waiter was fantastic, but not well versed in GF options.  We were on a back-to-back and our first five days were in Aurora Class. OUr waiter in the MDR was excellent and knew to get the special GF menu each night.  In fact, in the MDR, my husband had options such as prime rib and lamb chops that were not on the regular menu.  Frankly, the GF options in the MDR were better than in the Yacht Club.  However, the main buffet was a big disapointment.  We were surprised when my husband was told that all the hot items on the buffet had gluten in them.  He ended up with a hamburg patty and salad.  I would give MSC a B- on their GF offerings.  

All I know is in January 2020 there was absolutely no GF pizza onboard the Divina.  Having spoken to the Maitre d in the Yacht Club, the Captain and the Hotel Manager, they all stated that it was an issue and they wish it was offered as they constantly were asked to provide it.  We even spoke to the manager of the Pizza restaurant and asked him why they did not offer it and he replied that they could not guarantee that cross contimination wouldn't occur. 

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

All I know is in January 2020 there was absolutely no GF pizza onboard the Divina.  Having spoken to the Maitre d in the Yacht Club, the Captain and the Hotel Manager, they all stated that it was an issue and they wish it was offered as they constantly were asked to provide it.  We even spoke to the manager of the Pizza restaurant and asked him why they did not offer it and he replied that they could not guarantee that cross contimination wouldn't occur. 

That would make sense