FCC

P&O SUE

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Indeed. The link below shows the form that has to be completed if you do not wish to have a FCC

https://www.pocruises.com/request

There is no mention of any time limitation on the request documentation.

Whoever spoke to Purdey was, in my opinion, being economical with the truth.

I've just looked at the form, as I might be needing it in June unfortunately, and was surprised how simple it was. I expected it to be much more complicated. I like the 'I'm not a robot box' It always makes me chuckle

Avril

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just looked at the form, as I might be needing it in June unfortunately, and was surprised how simple it was. I expected it to be much more complicated. I like the 'I'm not a robot box' It always makes me chuckle

Avril

I guess it might be as well to check with P&O at the time [if you can get through] that this is still the correct form to use.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm...

My understanding is as follows.

If you have a FCC and don't redeem it, then you can claim it back as a cash refund at the initial 100% value paid.  As we know, it is dodgy for P&O to insist on a refund being "claimed" as the regulations say that the monies should be returned.  If anything, it is the 125% FCC which should be "claimed" and not the cash, but that doesn't suit cash flow.

Although P&O tried to put a timeline on receiving the option of a cash refund for a cancelled cruise, they seem to have extended this option from the initial deadline of November last year.

If you use a FCC and then this cruise is again cancelled, then yes, I would expect the right to revisit your decision to accept and redeem a FCC in favour of a cash refund is lost in favour of another FCC of the same value. 

This is one of the reasons why FCCs aren't as good as they are made out to be.  Depending on their value, what you paid, and if there is a possibility that you may wish/need to spend the money on something else in the future then redeeming a FCC carries an element of risk. 

Redeemed FCCs also aren't good for passengers who are fed up with the poor customer service (shore-side) in general as they are locked in to P&O, but that's a different point.  FCCs aren't necessarily the best choice for those passengers who won't travel on particular ships out of personal preference, or are locked in to particular dates and itineraries which may not feature in subsequent brochures.

However, if you have paid extra "real" money towards the new cruise deposit, or possibly the full balance, when redeeming a FCC, then I can't understand why those monies would not be eligible for a cash refund if that cruise is again cancelled.  Ultimately, each time your cruise is cancelled you have the option of 100% of the actual cash paid back, or a FCC of 125% value of the initial sum paid.  Am I missing something?

17 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Hmmm...

My understanding is as follows.

If you have a FCC and don't redeem it, then you can claim it back as a cash refund at the initial 100% value paid.  As we know, it is dodgy for P&O to insist on a refund being "claimed" as the regulations say that the monies should be returned.  If anything, it is the 125% FCC which should be "claimed" and not the cash, but that doesn't suit cash flow.

Although P&O tried to put a timeline on receiving the option of a cash refund for a cancelled cruise, they seem to have extended this option from the initial deadline of November last year.

If you use a FCC and then this cruise is again cancelled, then yes, I would expect the right to revisit your decision to accept and redeem a FCC in favour of a cash refund is lost in favour of another FCC of the same value. 

This is one of the reasons why FCCs aren't as good as they are made out to be.  Depending on their value, what you paid, and if there is a possibility that you may wish/need to spend the money on something else in the future then redeeming a FCC carries an element of risk. 

Redeemed FCCs also aren't good for passengers who are fed up with the poor customer service (shore-side) in general as they are locked in to P&O, but that's a different point.  FCCs aren't necessarily the best choice for those passengers who won't travel on particular ships out of personal preference, or are locked in to particular dates and itineraries which may not feature in subsequent brochures.

However, if you have paid extra "real" money towards the new cruise deposit, or possibly the full balance, when redeeming a FCC, then I can't understand why those monies would not be eligible for a cash refund if that cruise is again cancelled.  Ultimately, each time your cruise is cancelled you have the option of 100% of the actual cash paid back, or a FCC of 125% value of the initial sum paid.  Am I missing something?

This is pretty much how I see it, however I can't find anything in the T&C's which say that 100% of the actual cash is paid back if a future cruise were to be cancelled. You can see how it could get messy.