Allure Ocean View Balcony's

sealeggs

Quick question! Can the partitions on the balcony's be removed for cabins that are side by side?

We  are looking at 3 balcony's in a row and would like to have the open space for our grandkids. Yes they are old enough as not to climb around on them. 

2 hours ago, tlund said:

Your cabin steward can swing the front portion open and secure it to the back portion so you can go from balcony to balcony.  We do it all the time.

Wow, that's really cool.  I didn't know that you could do that.  I will have to consider that when booking with extended family.

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

Wow, that's really cool.  I didn't know that you could do that.  I will have to consider that when booking with extended family.

We usually have 4 cabins with extended family and it makes for a nice long balcony space.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

We usually have 4 cabins with extended family and it makes for a nice long balcony space.

I don't think all ships are able to do that.  It must be some of the newer models.  That said, I will definitely ask about it in the future 🙂

11 hours ago, travelhound said:

I don't think all ships are able to do that.  It must be some of the newer models.  That said, I will definitely ask about it in the future 🙂

Navigator and Mariner from the Voyager class and all the ships built after them can have the balcony partitions opened. 

• Like 1

Just recognize that the ultimate decision on whether balcony dividers can be opened rests with the captain. We've been on Voyager and Freedom class ships that have the openable dividers, but the captain had made the decision not to allow them to be opened. We've been on the same ships with a different captain where the balcony dividers were allowed to be opened.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, travelhound said:

Thanks, that's helpful information.

We tend to sail the newer ships when with family and book cabins right next to each other for the specific reason to be able to open (slide back) the balconies...We have never been in a situation where this has not been allowed...lucky I guess.

• Like 1