Cruise Critic Question

trbarton

I’m on Cruise Critic & when I respond to a post I have the box checked “Follow Topic” when someone posts something. For some reason I don’t get any messages when someone has posted something. Anybody else had this problem & if so what did you do?

Thanks!

Tom😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m on Cruise Critic & when I respond to a post I have the box checked “Follow Topic” when someone posts something. For some reason I don’t get any messages when someone has posted something. Anybody else had this problem & if so what did you

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Yes, I have the same problem. I did check my profile and I am suppose to receive immediate notification on topics I'm following but I'm not. This started a couple of weeks ago. It was fine before that.

I had the problem starting about two years ago. Suddenly all notifications from Cruise Critic stopped. They are not in spam.

Since advertisements from Cruise Critic still reached me, I knew Cruise Critic still had my correct E-mail address.

But it was not just Cruise Critic notifications that stopped reaching my inbox. As od the same date, at least thirty other sites that sent me E-mails no longer did (except for the advertisements which continued to arrive). This included news updates from local TV stations and from newspapers (again, ads continued to arrive OK).

I use Gmail and I figure that Gmail made some sort of change which caused messages to be totally rejected by Gmail. As I indicated, they do not even make it to the spam folder.

Suddenly several months ago I again started getting Cruise Critic notifications when someone quoted any of my posts. I did not start getting notification for threads I was following.

I just figured that Gmail changed something again that allows the quote notifications to get through.

Are you also using Gmail if you are experiencing this problem or do you have a different E-mail provider?

I find the notifications very sporadic. Some days I get the community e.mail (from which I linked to this thread) and other days I get only a response to my posts. Foe a couple of weeks I was getting 10-12 e.mails a day with one post listed. I went back through and redid my follow profile and those stopped thank goodness. Incidentally I get e. mails to link to old posts that have been on there for a while including my own!

1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

Incidentally I get e. mails to link to old posts that have been on there for a while including my own!

I think that has always been the case - the "follow"  means

you should ( if that is what you asked for) get an email

when anyone posts in that thread - ever!!.

If you no longer want to receive these you can  "unfollow"

I often do that when a thread takes a turn - political or

argumentitive or ceases to be of interest.

It's not that i do not want the e.mails , it is 10-12 a day that is something new. Usually I get one with all the posts for the day. It seems to have gone back to that thank goodness. Also there are days when I get no notifications at all and yet if I refresh the tab there appears several new posts that I was not notified off! Very sporadic as I stated before.

17 hours ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

I have not been getting updates over the last several weeks either. I just finished checking all the settings, they had not changed. Not sure what is going on.

Ok  I have just looked at one of your threads and it says you only started to "follow"   17 hours ago.

I have posted in there to see if you get a notification.