Key West Itineraries

marieps

I've been looking for a place to spend my remaining FCC, and the short Summit cruise in December 2021 fits.  Trouble is there are only two stops, one of which is Key West.  Does anyone have any intel on what CLIA is going to do now that KW has voted to ban ships larger than 1300 pax?

I am currently booked on Celebrity Infinity 5 night in April 2021. Just did an online chat and the response was they are still "reviewing their schedules" and nothing has been decided yet. That the guests will be the first to know.

If they stick to Cozumel as one of the ports, probably Costa Maya will be the alternative? Or possibly Grand Cayman? This was just my first thoughts. Hey, I would even take two seas days! 🙂

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Caymen Islands are closed to cruise ships until the end of 2020 and their cases of Covid were about 5 at the end of November.  It wouldn't be surprising if they decide to extend the closure a little longer.

Considering they've never built a pier, I suspect they're quite happy with the banking dollars and cruise tourism isn't as important as with other islands.

17 hours ago, marieps said:

Considering they've never built a pier, I suspect they're quite happy with the banking dollars and cruise tourism isn't as important as with other islands.

Is there any place that they can build a cruise ship pier.  I believe there is a lot of coral and it is shallow around the current tender port.

Just curious.

20 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Is there any place that they can build a cruise ship pier.  I believe there is a lot of coral and it is shallow around the current tender port.

Just curious.

They were actually pretty far along on a proposal for a US$200 million cruise terminal and piers.  However, those plans have apparently been scrapped.

Premier: Cruise referendum no longer on government’s agenda