FCC expiry dates..

jojo1966

hi

wonder if anyone can help...we have a FCC that needs to be used on a cruise that departs by 4th May 2022, and we have found the perfect cruise we want that departs 3rd May - the FCC is for around £300 more than the cost of the cruise....will we get that "change" returned as a new FCC with a new expiry date - or because the FCC used in the first place expired 4th May 2022 will we just lose the remainder of the FCC

thanks

Great question, and the first post that I've read with this situation. I suspect that you'll lose the balance, but that's far from certain. Additionally, there may be UK rules that differ from North American, as is the case with some other issues. I think that this is a case where your best bet is to contact Celebrity.

2 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Do you have the 0800 number if not

0800 953 5829

Liz

hi Liz - yes thanks - i searched the forum for it as i knew i had seen someone post it previously - might even have been you  !! they're shut for the day though and even though it says you may get put through to the US office it just goes to a voicemail machine 

Celebrity combined 2 of my FCCs (it's a long story) so I ended up with an FCC larger than any of my cruise balances due.  Celebrity told my TA that I can apply the FCC to a cruise and the excess money/value will remain on the same FCC to be used on another booking.  The hitch is that that excess amount left on the FCC cannot be used until AFTER I have completed the cruise.  In other words I cannot apply the excess amount on the second leg of my b2b.

2 hours ago, Beba-Beba said:

Celebrity combined 2 of my FCCs (it's a long story) so I ended up with an FCC larger than any of my cruise balances due.  Celebrity told my TA that I can apply the FCC to a cruise and the excess money/value will remain on the same FCC to be used on another booking.  The hitch is that that excess amount left on the FCC cannot be used until AFTER I have completed the cruise.  In other words I cannot apply the excess amount on the second leg of my b2b.

I think you should check this again.

We had a B2B cruise booked. We also had a very large FCC which exceeded the cost of the first segment of the B2B.

We used most of the FCC to completely pay off the 1st segment of the B2B and used the remaining part of the same FCC to pay off part of the 2nd segment along with a credit card payment to pay off the remaining balance of the 2nd segment.

Good  Luck,

Bob (and Terry)

Edited by Ravbo

3 hours ago, Ravbo said:

I think you should check this again.

We had a B2B cruise booked. We also had a very large FCC which exceeded the cost of the first segment of the B2B.

We used most of the FCC to completely pay off the 1st segment of the B2B and used the remaining part of the same FCC to pay off part of the 2nd segment along with a credit card payment to pay off the remaining balance of the 2nd segment.

Good  Luck,

Bob (and Terry)

Thank you.  I sent this to my TA.  It would not be the 1st time Celebrity put out incorrect information.  I would loooove to be able to use up that big FCC instead of being stuck with little pieces of FCCs.

Please let us know what happens.  I too have a large FCC that I would need to use across two bookings.  We have cruises w deposits, but all the final payment dates overlap and would not work if we need to wait until after a cruise finishes. I also happened to email Celebrity that question this morning. Will report back what they say...

• Like 1