What would you do with a booking April 9, 2021?

FreestyleNovice

On 12/17/2020 at 8:20 AM, wrk2cruise said:

If you got a good deal you don't want to chance them cancelling I'd consider a L&S to next year if you are at all concerned with going even if it does sail.  This was a pretty interesting artlice wrt their current thinking about the restart.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/celebrity-sales-leaders-end-no-sail-near-and-whats-behind-new-luxury

I probably should call my TA, but let's see what this group thinks? 

My final payment is due later this month. I booked early September 2020.  If I make my final payment this month, will I have until January 31, 2021 to lift and shift?  I expect Celebrity will keep my money, right?

Cruise With Confidence (celebritycruises.com)

If you make final payment then you would still be able to L&S until the program deadline (currently 1/31) providing your sailings qualify.   Since I think they are 7 night Apex sailings I suspect they do but you can check using the online tool.  https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&program=liftshift

While nothing has been announced as far as restart protocols but I suspect chances of B2B's being allowed is very slim.  You may want to consider that they may force you to cancel one of your sailings.

If you have made final payment and you L&S they will keep your payment.

My personal thinking when faced with deciding to L&S my Jan/Feb/Mar cruises was to move them to next year to protect the pricing (which is about 1/2 of what next years cruises were pricing out at).  I then figured if I was willing to sail in that timeframe with the published protocols I would just book last minute (at probably inflated rates).   If your sailings sail I'm sure it will be at reduced capacity and probably different itinerary (private island/reduced ports).  Other lines have cancelled then created new itineraries then just take new bookings.  Not sure what Celebrity would do but it's not out of the question that they could just cancel you at some point prior to sailings.

It's a difficult decision.

Oh and if you were asking what I would do.   L&S at least one of them before final payment.  But I'd probably move both before final.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 9:06 AM, wrk2cruise said:

If you make final payment then you would still be able to L&S until the program deadline (currently 1/31) providing your sailings qualify.   Since I think they are 7 night Apex sailings I suspect they do but you can check using the online tool.  https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C&program=liftshift

While nothing has been announced as far as restart protocols but I suspect chances of B2B's being allowed is very slim.  You may want to consider that they may force you to cancel one of your sailings.

If you have made final payment and you L&S they will keep your payment.

My personal thinking when faced with deciding to L&S my Jan/Feb/Mar cruises was to move them to next year to protect the pricing (which is about 1/2 of what next years cruises were pricing out at).  I then figured if I was willing to sail in that timeframe with the published protocols I would just book last minute (at probably inflated rates).   If your sailings sail I'm sure it will be at reduced capacity and probably different itinerary (private island/reduced ports).  Other lines have cancelled then created new itineraries then just take new bookings.  Not sure what Celebrity would do but it's not out of the question that they could just cancel you at some point prior to sailings.

It's a difficult decision.

Oh and if you were asking what I would do.   L&S at least one of them before final payment.  But I'd probably move both before final.

Thanks for the advice.  Yes we were booked on Apex.  I lifted and shifted to 2022 to protect the pricing and I am concerned my vaccine number will not come up in time to cruise with confidence.  If I am wrong and things just get better we will book something last minute.  

I so appreciated Celebrity offering the lift and shift option.

Thanks again!

On 12/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, Sam.Seattle said:

Thanks for the advice.  Yes we were booked on Apex.  I lifted and shifted to 2022 to protect the pricing and I am concerned my vaccine number will not come up in time to cruise with confidence.  If I am wrong and things just get better we will book something last minute.  

I so appreciated Celebrity offering the lift and shift option.

Thanks again!

We did something similar.  

This happened to me with a cruise I have booked in late March. I paid the final payment, so when they cancel I’ll get 125% future cruise credit.  I’ll definitely use it as we’re avid cruisers and cruise often.

our other cruises booked last year were all lifted and shifted to this coming September, October, and next February (2022).