P&O Payment terms

No pager thank you

13 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Do you think they would still sail into the Fjords even if they don’t dock?

1 minute ago, joeecco said:

They’d be silly not to surely? If that’s the route they had originally planned then they may as well continue with that. Bobbing about in the North Sea doesn’t seem to meet the grandeur of the fjords haha! 

I would be quite happy to sail into a fjord, bob about for a few hours at the end of it and then sail out again.  As long as they're not prevented from entering I don't see a problem, 

however:

I would have thought that they would need to embark a pilot for the transit through the fjord and that's where problems may lie:

Whether or not a pilot will permitted to embark the ship, or any possible pre/post embarkation protocols and possible quarantine for the pilot; 

If a pilot can be embarked, would the bean counters be prepared to pay for them, bearing in mind that they will not be making any money out of tours?  Don't how much a pilot costs in Norway, I would like to think that they would stump up the money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I would be quite happy to sail into a fjord, bob about for a few hours at the end of it and then sail out again.  As long as they're not prevented from entering I don't see a problem, 

however:

I would have thought that they would need to embark a pilot for the transit through the fjord and that's where problems may lie:

Whether or not a pilot will permitted to embark the ship, or any possible pre/post embarkation protocols and possible quarantine for the pilot; 

If a pilot can be embarked, would the bean counters be prepared to pay for them, bearing in mind that they will not be making any money out of tours?  Don't how much a pilot costs in Norway, I would like to think that they would stump up the money.

I’m the same, I’d be quite happy to stay on ship if we can sail through the fjords but I wouldn’t want to go if the cruise was just around the coastal areas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

however:

Tui Mein Schief did a few Norway scenic sailings but in to Southern Norway. Would be interesting to know if those trips needed a pilot or not too, if they did then that is promising for Iona trip. 

• 1 year later...