Vision Class Experts look at this Enchantment photo

BillOh

visionenchantment.JPG.eb206908344d9257c52ef5cad975878f.JPGvisionenchantment.JPG.eb206908344d9257c52ef5cad975878f.JPG

I've been watching the port cams to keep my cruise bug going. I've been following Brilliance since she is my next cruise (fingers crossed)  She is behind Enchantment in this pic. I zoomed way in so the detail isn't good. Is this a cargo door that opens on the back of this class, or do they have a tarp draped there for some reason?  I saw outside Grills in Port Canaveral once and watched Divers work on a Freedom Azipod. They put up a tarp like that to protect the ship when they pulled up parts. 

This is a permanent feature which I have noticed before.  I could not dig up a photo of Enchantment on my previous cruises on her, but I do have the following photo of her sister Grandeur clearly showing this dark region.  It is an opening in the stern with some kind of large roller or rounded edge at the bottom that I always presumed could be for an aft anchor.  20190702_132904.thumb.jpg.a0aa2e83406269ed6bf02072c7898d1d.jpg

image.png

25 minutes ago, OACAggie said:

Looks bigger now? This is a picture of EN on our first ever cruise in 1999. The area looks smaller back then or is it just me?

7D936872-91CE-44DE-9B4C-6CC00777408D.jpeg

Agree, interesting but been 22yrs since was on Enchantment. Do remember and can see why she'd have Aft Anchor. Back 20-30+ yrs ago remember Tendering off Royal ships more often then ever walking off, this included St Thomas, St Martin, Labadee, Coco Cay. Royal Ships carried own Tenders inc Majesty, Sovereign, Enchantment, Grandeur, even on then new Voyager, Explorer had them.

23 hours ago, OACAggie said:

Looks bigger now? This is a picture of EN on our first ever cruise in 1999. The area looks smaller back then or is it just me?

7D936872-91CE-44DE-9B4C-6CC00777408D.jpeg

It is not bigger now, they just put a metall colored plate below the anchor to avoid the rusty look there.

• Thanks 1