Oh the difference a day makes!

Luckyroot

We are stuck in New Jersey also. I just want to add I hate snow. I don't know when it will stop. We leave Thursday for Hawaii. Today I will pack all my summer clothes and won't look out the window. I think tomorrow there will be school but with a delayed opening. Pat

Hey Lucky...we are in Marlboro..think there will be school tomarrow?

Karen

I doubt it. If it keeps coming down at this rate, I could see this being a repeat of the blizzard of 96, when the kids were out of school for a whole week! :eek:

We are stuck in New Jersey also. I just want to add I hate snow. I don't know when it will stop. We leave Thursday for Hawaii. Today I will pack all my summer clothes and won't look out the window. I think tomorrow there will be school but with a delayed opening. Pat

I hope you're right, Pat. Right now, I've got five 18 yr olds (HS Seniors) spread all over my living room. They came here to watch a movie last night and by the time it was over they realized it was too dangerous to drive home, so they all crashed in my living room (3 boys and 2 girls)

Worst part was that I took a sleeping pill and didn't even know about it till I woke up to all these strange voices this morning!!

Anita, I'm not going to venture out to determine how much snow is out there, I'm putting these kids to work! :D

Hi Everyone !

Sorry about the snow. I sincerely hope that everyone who needed to fly to get to a Cruise Ship, made plans to leave earlier than scheduled, and were able to get to the Destinations.

According to the news, our area has around 21 inches of snow so far, and it is still snowing. We have a heavily wooded lot and the view from our window looks like a Christmas card. As long as we don't have to drive anywhere today, I can appreciate the beauty of snow covered trees in a New England setting.

My mother, from Boynton Beach, Fl, flew to East Brunswick on Friday for a Bar Mitzvah. She was sooo excited about the snow. Hasn't seen snow in about 50 years! Wanted something different than the the same old heat and humidity. Needless to say, she won't be coming home today as planned. She doesn't have clothes to venture out and I think she will appreciate that heat and humidity for at least a little while.

Several months ago, we moved to Austin, TX from the DC area. In November, my middle DD, who is currently looking at colleges for Fall '07, wanted to attend a prospective student weekend in Philly, so I made the reservations for both of us ... We arrived Thursday, with our return flight to Austin scheduled for late yesterday afternoon. You guessed it: The flight was cancelled, and we are spending an additional couple of days in Philly. We love it, as this is the only winter we are going to get this year.:) The staff at our hotel has been great. When I informed them our flight was cancelled, they immediately extended our room reservation to Monday and also gave us a discount on the room for a 'hardship stay'. We are wandering the downtown area on foot, and even though more than a few places are closed, it is beautiful. More of an adventure than a hardship. :)

DH tells me it is cold in Austin, too (29 last night, mid 40s during the day).

Guess DD and I just got lucky!;)

We're from Pennsauken, NJ (south) near Cherry HIll, we have about 13 inches and it has stopped. We are leaving for Florida tommorrow morning hope the plane gets going on time. Since we were on the Zenith on the 23rd, I think this is a very cruel joke from mother nature.:eek:

They have already announced no school tomorrow for our county in No. VA. It was so beautiful but since the kids have built a snowman our snow looks like a dog chewed it up. I was out shoveling, don't want DH to do it because of bad heart, and our neighbor showed up and hustled me inside and finished for me. Chivalry is alive and well in Manassas! We are out of here on Saturday, heading for the Zenith! No more snow before then, they say.

It's pretty much stopped in East Brunswick. Looks like we got just shy of 2 feet. They've already said schools are closed tomorrow, and the teen party went out and did an admiral job on shoveling. In payment I'm buying the pizza.

They're planning another sleepover. I aready told my daughter if it ain't here (so I can chaperone) it ain't happening for her.

Guess I'm having company tonight!

Archived