A few questions

tipsygirl

2 hours ago, The Other Tom said:

Follow up question, is that all rooms or just suites?  

Also, I've noticed the price of Nespresso pods in Europe  are about half of what we pay in the US. I've never seen a Nespresso branded store in the US but seemed like every port on our Rhine cruise had one.

Yes that is the case - roughly half price.  We bought several sleeves at the store in Amsterdam.

In Europe they often have different choices as well, compared to the stores in the USA.

And yes, we also brought Nespresso pods from home that were strong enough for us (i.e. numbers 10, 11, or 12).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

That’s correct. 

DV and higher have the Nespresso machines. So only V1 and V2 don’t have them. Some folks in DVs ask to have them removed to provide more storage space since the machine and it’s paraphernalia  take up all of one of the few shelves in the room. 

Thanks, Clay

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 1/16/2021 at 7:54 AM, tipsygirl said:

Thanks for the pastry recommendation, I will share with my husband.  And that leads me to another question.

I am on a gluten free diet (celiac), so unfortunately can't eat most pastries.  Any feedback on the experience others have had with a special diet on Viking Ocean would be appreciated. 

If you haven't discovered it yet, the Success Cake (Mamsen's) is gluten-free. Our friends on a recent cruise consumed major quantities of it without issue, except for possible "slight" weight gain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, What was that? said:

If you haven't discovered it yet, the Success Cake (Mamsen's) is gluten-free. Our friends on a recent cruise consumed major quantities of it without issue, except for possible "slight" weight gain.

Unfortunately the Success Cake has been the only gluten-free offering at Mamsen’s for years. Surely a change is long overdue.

If you don’t already know, afternoon tea can be provided gluten-free. No need to pre-book, just turn up and advise your waiter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, friendlyfifer said:

Unfortunately the Success Cake has been the only gluten-free offering at Mamsen’s for years. Surely a change is long overdue.

If you don’t already know, afternoon tea can be provided gluten-free. No need to pre-book, just turn up and advise your waiter.

GF muffins are available every day in the World Cafe.  If you ask for them the day before, they will also have some at the Living Room bar - they have to request them from the kitchen.  The flavors rotate between blueberry, lemon poppyseed and my favorite coconut.  Lots of GF desert options too.

And of course the waffles at Mamsen are GF.

I wish the Mamsen sandwiches could be GF.