Using FCCs Efficiently

We now have several FCCs and want to use them efficiently so we don't end up with a bunch of small "leftover" FCCs.  For the sake of this question, assume that my  each wife and I have two sets FCCs,  $2,000 each from one cruise and $1,000 each from another cruise.  We have two upcoming cruises that each have $3,001 owed in cruise fare.  I'd like to put my $2,000 FCC and my wife's $1,000 FCC on one of the new cruises and the opposite on the other cruise.  Based on the below from the Frequently Asked Questions on Royal's website, I think this would use up our FCCs and leave us owing $1 on each of the new reservations.  What do you think?

Q

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

New Booking – Credit CANNOT be used for another passenger:

Tyler Jones’s Cruise Fare is $1000 – New Guest

Susan cannot use the rest of her FCC for Tyler because he was not a passenger on the original booking. Susan would be issued a new FCC, after the completion of her sailing, for the remaining $500. The FCC will need to be redeemed by the original expiration date or within 6 months later — whichever date gives Susan the most time to use it.

Sounds like it would work with some possible fiddling. Even though as you say 3001 is owed, 1st pax probably doesnt owe exactly 2k and 2nd pax, 1k, but if you booked with a ta they can call up or you if you booked direct and rcl has been known to adjust family fcc so the amount works out.

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

We now have several FCCs and want to use them efficiently so we don't end up with a bunch of small "leftover" FCCs.  For the sake of this question, assume that my  each wife and I have two sets FCCs,  $2,000 each from one cruise and $1,000 each from another cruise.  We have two upcoming cruises that each have $3,001 owed in cruise fare.  I'd like to put my $2,000 FCC and my wife's $1,000 FCC on one of the new cruises and the opposite on the other cruise.  Based on the below from the Frequently Asked Questions on Royal's website, I think this would use up our FCCs and leave us owing $1 on each of the new reservations.  What do you think?

Q

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

New Booking – Credit CANNOT be used for another passenger:

Tyler Jones’s Cruise Fare is $1000 – New Guest

Susan cannot use the rest of her FCC for Tyler because he was not a passenger on the original booking. Susan would be issued a new FCC, after the completion of her sailing, for the remaining $500. The FCC will need to be redeemed by the original expiration date or within 6 months later — whichever date gives Susan the most time to use it.

They will apply equal amounts of FCC.  You can’t use up one and then the other as it is applied by guest.  Only if you have applied all of your and there is still cruise fare remaining on yours will they allow you4 wife’s to be applied to yours. 

edit.  Reread and it may be possible 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They will apply equal amounts of FCC.  You can’t use up one and then the other as it is applied by guest.  Only if you have applied all of your and there is still cruise fare remaining on yours will they allow you4 wife’s to be applied to yours. 

edit.  Reread and it may be possible 

I have 10 open FCC's for family members from two different cruises when I reserved and paid deposits on 3 cabins for each cruise - it's my kids, same last name as mine for all.  We cancelled them under CWC.  I'm beginning to think my family will not want to get on a ship before the FCC expires.  Grand total of the 10 is $1250.  Have you helped any clients with situations like this?  I have plenty of cruises I could apply the amounts to if they would allow me to use them for myself.

8 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

I have 10 open FCC's for family members from two different cruises when I reserved and paid deposits on 3 cabins for each cruise - it's my kids, same last name as mine for all.  We cancelled them under CWC.  I'm beginning to think my family will not want to get on a ship before the FCC expires.  Grand total of the 10 is $1250.  Have you helped any clients with situations like this?  I have plenty of cruises I could apply the amounts to if they would allow me to use them for myself.

I have found them to be more lenient lately. Just transferred one from my 18yo son to myself 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have found them to be more lenient lately. Just transferred one from my 18yo son to myself 

Thank you.  I'm going to give it a try for 5 of them in the next few months.  FCC's are issued in the names of 3 adults (son, daughter, dil) and 2 teenage grandkids.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You were lucky....It took an email verification letter from my daughter (it was her son) and a loooong phone call to transfer an FCC for an under 12.

Glad to hear things are getting easier.

So a different question relative to their example: if Susan Smith's cruise fare is more than 1500, can she use the credit from Jason Smith even if he is not on the sailing?  I have this situation.