FCC & OBC from Cancelled cruise question

trvlgirlmq

I called to have our funds from our cancelled 2021 cruise moved to a previously booked 2022 cruise. I had paid quite a bit of the 2 cabins we had booked for 2021 already.  The agent at Carnival I spoke with told me her system would only let her move part of our money to the new cruise and she would have to fill out a form for another department to put the rest on our other booking.  I received our new confirmation and for our 2 cabins there is still $1200 of already paid money not put towards the balance of the new booking.  Also, no where on does it specify our $600 OBC per cabin.

Is this normal?  Did I get an uninformed agent? My OCD is dinging like crazy.

14 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

I called to have our funds from our cancelled 2021 cruise moved to a previously booked 2022 cruise. I had paid quite a bit of the 2 cabins we had booked for 2021 already.  The agent at Carnival I spoke with told me her system would only let her move part of our money to the new cruise and she would have to fill out a form for another department to put the rest on our other booking.  I received our new confirmation and for our 2 cabins there is still $1200 of already paid money not put towards the balance of the new booking.  Also, no where on does it specify our $600 OBC per cabin.

Is this normal?  Did I get an uninformed agent? My OCD is dinging like crazy.

You should call back and inquire now.  I got lucky yesterday, with the person that helped me and she knew how to transfer previous FCC from previous MG cancellation, as well as add the $600 OBC to new booking.  She had to do a work-around since it was a refundable deposit and move $50 over to FCC to cover that.  However she knew what she was doing and was done in literally 10 minutes.  The OBC  showed up on my confirmation email that usually came through before I even get off the phone.  I would definitely call back and try someone else.

For my last three cancelled cruises, I was able to call Carnival and have the funds moved to a new cruise while I was on the phone with the agent.  All three times, I received a follow up email that day with the new information and OBC.  

However, this time I must have spoken with an agent who didn't know how to do any of it.  Had I known at the beginning, I would have hung up and called again.  But I didn't find out until the end of the call when the agent said it would take 7 to 10 days.  I got unlucky this time and obviously got an agent who merely filled out the form and sent it to another department to deal with.  I got an email that showed I cancelled my original cruise, but so far nothing has been moved to my new cruise.

I'm going to wait a week to see if it really gets handled and then call back if it doesn't.  It looks like some agents know how to handle things and other agents simply answer the phone and take down the information.

• Like 1