Rhapsody/vision class balcony non-gs cabins?

OC PAT

Tried various searches to no avail.  Need advise on midiship balcony cabin and not interested in a suite.  Thanks for your time and help. We're looking at the 12/31 cruise out of Tampa. Port of starboard? 

5 minutes ago, OC PAT said:

Tried various searches to no avail.  Need advise on midiship balcony cabin and not interested in a suite.  Thanks for your time and help. We're looking at the 12/31 cruise out of Tampa. Port of starboard? 

Try You Tube.  They have a lot of video's of cabin tours.  Rhapsody is a very nice ship.  Mid ship is a great location as well.  Far forward gets a little rocky.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OC PAT said:

Starboard!!   As you sail out of the port of Tampa, assuming it is a sunny day....you will have a beautiful view of the sunset over the bay!.  Plus a view of the town and skyline of it.  Port side is just commercial freighters.  Takes hours just to get out of the bay.  And don't forget to go out to watch as you sail under the Sunshine Skyway bridge all lit up...around dinner time for that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

What exactly do you want to know?

We like to be close to the elevator due to knee issues. I like the best bang for my buck.  Love a good large  balcony and have been drawn to bump outs. TA is looking at 4b's for me.  Is that a good class?  We want to avoid too loud music and noise.  Having said all that nothing is a deal closer.

10 minutes ago, OC PAT said:

We like to be close to the elevator due to knee issues. I like the best bang for my buck.  Love a good large  balcony and have been drawn to bump outs. TA is looking at 4b's for me.  Is that a good class?  We want to avoid too loud music and noise.  Having said all that nothing is a deal closer.

I like a higher deck, but will usually book at least one floor below the top deck of cabins, to have a buffer against the sound of the pool deck above us.  I also love large cabins, and do indeed favor the "hump" cabins...but on Vision class (as in Rhapsody we will be on out of Tampa again)....I adore the huge aft wrap JS cabins, though they are top deck, they are far enough away from the pool area.  I have another B2B in one of those again next spring.  🙂 

I think your choice of a 4B will be perfect...assuming you are looking at deck seven?  You will have deck 8 as a buffer from the noise of the pool/sports deck.  Good balcony cabin.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OC PAT said:

I agree with everything Island Lady said. Make sure to pick a cabin between two decks of cabins. You definitely don’t want to be under the pool or buffet. I’m sorry I can’t help much with this class because I’ve only ever booked the aft JS cabins with the huge balconies.

I will say sailing out of Tampa is a breeze. If you’re flying, just be careful of the time on your return flight. Tampa is known for fog and it can hold up the ship from docking on time.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OC PAT said:

Thank you ladies. I'll see what TA can book.  We're driving so no worries about planes. How's the parking at the cruise site? Should we park their lot or do a hotel/cruise package?

I lived in that area so drove to the Tampa port often. Parking garage is directly across the street, very easy. They also had valet parking which was not much more than self park and that was great too. Drive up, unload your bags right out front and they took your car. I was worried it would take forever to get the car when we got off, but they had it there in minutes. 

17 hours ago, OC PAT said:

Thank you ladies. I'll see what TA can book.  We're driving so no worries about planes. How's the parking at the cruise site? Should we park their lot or do a hotel/cruise package?

The last few times we have cruised out of Tampa, the RCI ship docks at the newly "revamped" terminal six (which is not a great terminal, too small/crowded IMHO).  That one is not near the parking garage, but instead down the street.  

If more than one RCI ship, one will be at six, and one will be closer to the garage (which we prefer).  

We tried one of the local off site for fee parking areas, with horrible results...won't do it again.  Have also tried a hotel/park&cruise package...won't do that again either.  Real hassle. 

We have actually gotten spoiled just parking in the open lot right next to the ship, soooo easy.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

OC PAT;  if you do get on your computer go to yahoo.com.  in the search bar type in balcony cabin rhapsody of the seas pictures.  You will have hundreds of pictures.  To the right of the picture it will tell you the cabin number;  that way you can see different balcony cabins.  Have fun.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

The last few times we have cruised out of Tampa, the RCI ship docks at the newly "revamped" terminal six (which is not a great terminal, too small/crowded IMHO).  That one is not near the parking garage, but instead down the street.  

If more than one RCI ship, one will be at six, and one will be closer to the garage (which we prefer).  

We tried one of the local off site for fee parking areas, with horrible results...won't do it again.  Have also tried a hotel/park&cruise package...won't do that again either.  Real hassle. 

We have actually gotten spoiled just parking in the open lot right next to the ship, soooo easy.  

Now only if RC could get a ship in and out of the Great Salt Lake. 😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Now only if RC could get a ship in and out of the Great Salt Lake. 😁

LOL!!  And they thought cleaning the salt spray off of the ocean ships was bad!!  😄  OMG...that is one salt lick of a lake!  😉  It sure is beautiful there though!!  One of the best ski weeks we ever had was at Snowbird.  Beautiful spring skiing!  🤗⛷️

• Thanks 1