The madness of the upcoming virus cruise policies

22 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

For me it is the constant disinformation over the years and decades by people who benefit from it. All coastal areas were supposed to be submerged in water now by the edicts of elites back around 1970. A beach in New Jersey I went to which was thin enough and with high tide the water was under the boardwalk still exists. Half of Florida was supposed to be under water by now.  Building on barrier islands. Think why they are barrier islands. We love living closer to the ocean and visiting the same areas. The earth is what it is. And there are heartless tyrants who enrich themselves on the peasants. We elected people who are gonna make many poorer but keep telling us they are on our side. Anything in that is privileged is by those who work in those positions. And that is multicultural. But we have people who did not do as good and now we went from equality to equity. China will be our rulers in a couple of decades.

Preach Preach...But you forgot to add...Have fun now!! because if the US Government keeps passing these 3 trillion bills...its going to be Inflation and a possible Depression for us!!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Continue to convince yourself that the experience will be "crap". That is your defense mechanism kicking in because you will not be able to board a ship if you are not vaccinated. That is your choice. Don't forget that.

And you trying to convince yourself the vaccine will give you superpowers.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

And you trying to convince yourself the vaccine will give you superpowers.  

No convincing necessary. The Moderna vaccine I had will prevent hospitalization, moderate to severe symptoms and death from Covid. I don't need superpowers, just safety.

• Like 5

I look at it this way, for the ships to sail again they are going to start with every possible precaution. As time goes on some policies will be dropped some will stay. If you want to be one of the first people to get on a cruise in '21 you are going to have to roll with whatever RCI wants you to do. If you think the policies are madness then sit it out for awhile. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m not sure what the requirements are for kids to cruise out of Nassau. I thought the Bahamas didn’t require a passport for kids. I used to travel by boat to the Bahamas and my kids didn’t require a passport. Matter of fact, I didn’t have a passport at the time. Just a driver’s license and I “think” my kids just required a birth certificate. Rules may have changed. 

M8

I looked it up and everyone needs a passport when flying back into the US from The Bahamas.  Not sure if they require one for entry.

4 hours ago, HxFx said:

I think passport processing is still pretty backed up as well. Could risk not getting them in time.

And that also applies to adults who are used to sailing with only their BC.

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Thanks. I wasn’t aware flights (air travel) was treated different than Sea Travel. 

M8

Well that information came from the internet - so you know how reliable that may or may not be - LOL.

Just something that families with kids who may be so excited that they can sail this summer have not thought about.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pcur said:

I think of it as maintaining my own personal bubble of safety:  vaccination, mask, hand washing and using sanitizer.  I figured last March/April this would be the case, and I posted it.  It just makes sense to me:  if we all protect OURSELVES, we end up protecting others, too.  It takes a (worldwide) village.

Lots of highlighting without addressing any of my points at all !!! 

I did not say I disagreed with the policies.

I did not say I would not adhere to the policies.

I detailed, quite clearly that the policies are contradictory and will leave glaring gaps that will not stop the virus from spreading on ships.

I applaud the efforts cruise lines have gone to, but fear they may need to go further.