Lets try the breaking news again

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you can drive there. Our cruise out of Barcelona was one of the best. 

We have the Explorer booked in December, out of San Juan.  I haven’t flown in a long time and have become spoiled with the ease of packing anything I want and driving to the ports.  We’ll see how it goes this time, that might be the beginning of flying to ports.  We had the Southern Caribbean cancelled twice so far, hope December is a go.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

One thing people should be very wary of is the Bahamas covid visa application. You basically have to take your PCR test 5 days out and have to apply for your health visa 2 days out with the negative test results..  You're putting a lot of faith in your testing provider for a fast turnaround.

health visa results are very quick (mine were in an hour).  I did the PCR test via pixel where I mailed it monday am FedEx and got my results Weds am.  This was when covid cases were spiking in December and everyone was testing.  Now its easy to get testing appointments and turnaround is 3-4 days.  

Sorry if I missed it as I didn't read the full details, but did Royal comment on what happens if someone gets covid (as vaccines aren't 100% effective)?  I know they talked about travel costs, but in terms of the cruise itself.  I assume/hope at this point that the entire ship isn't quarantined....but just the person and those in the person's party/close contact?  Does the ship return to the home port and the cruise is done?  To me, this is a big factor if we return to cruising, even with vaccinated adults.

46 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

, but did Royal comment on what happens if someone gets covid (as vaccines aren't 100% effective)?

No, and what happens will likely depend on the specifics of the issue. Just like in the case of a noro outbreak,  what the ship does depends on where they are, number of cases and some other factors.

• Like 1