How are the Swans doing 2021

I just remembered to check the Swans score--wow!! 118-26. What happened to the eagles?? Were they all sent off or something? I'm not sure I've ever seen a score like that.

Happy for the win but now I feel guilty!

Go Swans!

Another week, another chance for the Swans to excel!! 2 games on tomorrow for us--Hawks-Dockers (from Tasmania, so they worked that out??) and Blues-Cats. Maybe we'll get the Swans on Saturday night 🤞

I haven't read of any recent updates on the Sydney outbreak--hope you are all well and getting your arms around this (again).

Go Swans!

Swans are playing the Doggies in Melbourne. Bulldogs are strong favourites.

The Tasmanian situation is complicated. Their government has sponsorship deals with North Melbourne and Hawthorn. The latter playing there tis weekend.

The game that was rejected did not include either of those teams.

The Tassie government wants to have a permanent team in the league, but the AFL will not approve it.  So, limited cooperation.

Sydney outbreak, worse.

Lots of drama for games these days! I don't get how tassie gov can say they want a team but seem not very committed? Or  maybe I have that wrong???

So sorry to hear Sydney is worse.

I know you guys can pull out of it, godspeed.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:45 PM, Docker123 said:

Swans are playing the Doggies in Melbourne. Bulldogs are strong favourites.

The Tasmanian situation is complicated. Their government has sponsorship deals with North Melbourne and Hawthorn. The latter playing there tis weekend.

The game that was rejected did not include either of those teams.

The Tassie government wants to have a permanent team in the league, but the AFL will not approve it.  So, limited cooperation.

Sydney outbreak, worse.

Sorry, been out this afternoon. Watching the Swan v Bulldogs now at Marvel Stadium. It is 3/4 time at moment. Swans 9.8.62 Bulldogs 6.6.42.

Swans are wearing their tradional South Melbourne jumpers with the v on the front.

Full time: Swans 11.13.79 defeated Bulldogs 8.14.60.

Great win by the Swans. It looks as if the Swans and GWS will be based in Melbourne for the time being as Victoria has closed its border to NSW. 

26 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

That makes a lot of sense. Can their families go with them or not? Sometimes getting away really helps your focus!

Go Swans!

I think that is still being worked out ML, whether to bring the families down and put them into a hub (where they would have to quarantine for 14 days anyway most likely) or leave them in Sydney. 

Edited by possum52

Just now, possum52 said:

I think that is still being worked out ML, whether to bring the families down and put them into a hub (where they would have to quarantine for 14 days anyway most likely) or leave them in Sydney. 

Yes, I can understand their caution, especially if the families are coming from Sydney, heart of the outbreak. I can't decide if I think it would help more for them to be alone or with their families. I could see it either way. I've had to be away from home for weeks at a time when working, and it was OK (but we don't have kids, but always dogs!) and it was OK, not great. I missed sleeping in my own bed more than anything.

I hope they work something out that the players want. That should translate to good footy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yes, I can understand their caution, especially if the families are coming from Sydney, heart of the outbreak. I can't decide if I think it would help more for them to be alone or with their families. I could see it either way. I've had to be away from home for weeks at a time when working, and it was OK (but we don't have kids, but always dogs!) and it was OK, not great. I missed sleeping in my own bed more than anything.

I hope they work something out that the players want. That should translate to good footy.

The players may not have much say as at this time they can not return to Sydney to play. I guess the problem is no-one knows how long the outbreak in Sydney will last. It's quite different to last year when clubs were in hubs in QLD as they were in resorts on both the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast - good weather and resort facilities. If they are to come to Victoria, really the only resorts are not in Melbourne where the teams are being based. It is also cold and there's not much for the families to do. The hotels may have pools and gyms etc but not much for kids to run around in. 

Just now, possum52 said:

The players may not have much say as at this time they can not return to Sydney to play. I guess the problem is no-one knows how long the outbreak in Sydney will last. It's quite different to last year when clubs were in hubs in QLD as they were in resorts on both the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast - good weather and resort facilities. If they are to come to Victoria, really the only resorts are not in Melbourne where the teams are being based. It is also cold and there's not much for the families to do. The hotels may have pools and gyms etc but not much for kids to run around in. 

It's such a tough problem, so many small things to manage. But one man's small thing is another's 'can't cross that line'. Is there any notion of vaccinating all the players (but I am sure there are many others who would like to be) and then the teams could move around more easily?

I'm no expert, so have no answers, but I hope it gets worked out for the best. Is the outbreak showing any signs of relenting? that could help too.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

It's such a tough problem, so many small things to manage. But one man's small thing is another's 'can't cross that line'. Is there any notion of vaccinating all the players (but I am sure there are many others who would like to be) and then the teams could move around more easily?

I'm no expert, so have no answers, but I hope it gets worked out for the best. Is the outbreak showing any signs of relenting? that could help too.

I don't know if the players have been vaccinated, I would say no as they are not in the right age group. Our vaccination rollout is all over the place. It is recommended that only those over 60 have the AstraZeneca vaccine, of which there is plenty, because of the blood clot worry. Those between 18 and 60 are recommeded to have the Pfizer vaccine of which there is a shortage. I'm not sure what is happening in other states, but in Victoria 40s - 60s are receiving the Pfizer. The Federal Govt then announced that anyone over 18 could have AstraZeneca after consulting with their doctor. 

Our Olympic team has been vaccinated which caused an outcry from some quarters, so I think if football players were prioritsed it would not be a popular move.

As far as Sydney's outbreak they now have about 628 active community transmitted cases with 112 cases announced today. it is expected to get worse.

20 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I don't know if the players have been vaccinated, I would say no as they are not in the right age group. Our vaccination rollout is all over the place. It is recommended that only those over 60 have the AstraZeneca vaccine, of which there is plenty, because of the blood clot worry. Those between 18 and 60 are recommeded to have the Pfizer vaccine of which there is a shortage. I'm not sure what is happening in other states, but in Victoria 40s - 60s are receiving the Pfizer. The Federal Govt then announced that anyone over 18 could have AstraZeneca after consulting with their doctor. 

Our Olympic team has been vaccinated which caused an outcry from some quarters, so I think if football players were prioritsed it would not be a popular move.

As far as Sydney's outbreak they now have about 628 active community transmitted cases with 112 cases announced today. it is expected to get worse.

Wow, what a mess. I see why people would be disappointed if footy players got vax before others. I will say, we both had the Pfizer vax and had no issues, but that may not be the same for others. So sorry to read that the Sydney outbreak may be getting worse.

Stay strong mates and best of  luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Wow, what a mess. I see why people would be disappointed if footy players got vax before others. I will say, we both had the Pfizer vax and had no issues, but that may not be the same for others. So sorry to read that the Sydney outbreak may be getting worse.

Stay strong mates and best of  luck.

Here's the latest I could find, April 2021. 

COVID vaccine not set to be mandatory for AFL players (theage.com.au)

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.  This will be interesting to watch as it evolves, for many reasons.

I hope you Aussies are better at embracing science than many of my American peers. I think you are smarter so 🤞  and my best wishes for a quick and complete comeback.

24 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.  This will be interesting to watch as it evolves, for many reasons.

I hope you Aussies are better at embracing science than many of my American peers. I think you are smarter so 🤞  and my best wishes for a quick and complete comeback.

We need to convince people in the red zones, to stay at home.😷

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lyndarra said:

AK47 anyone?😨😱

That solution would work very well here in the US. But, surprisingly, guns are only used at malls and schools. Just a note, not recommending anything 😉

• Haha 2