Stateroom Information

trbarton

I haven’t cruised on HAL for a number of years & am looking on a cruise on the Rotterdam inside single. I’ve looked on their web site & unlike Princess I don’t see how I can get information as to the stateroom size. I’m looking at 8092. I also see some sideway staterooms. On Princess they are slightly larger. Is this the same on HAL?

0n Princess they sell obstructed view staterooms. Does HAL sell them & if so how do you find them?

Thanks for your help!

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

I haven’t cruised on HAL for a number of years & am looking on a cruise on the Rotterdam inside single. I’ve looked on their web site & unlike Princess I don’t see how I can get information as to the stateroom size. I’m looking at 8092. I also see some sideway staterooms. On Princess they are slightly larger. Is this the same on HAL?

0n Princess they sell obstructed view staterooms. Does HAL sell them & if so how do you find them?

Thanks for your help!

Tom😀

The largest inside cabins on the Pinnacle ships are the I cabins.  The J’s have no couch and are the smallest inside cabin we have ever seen (on the Koningsdam).

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

Choose the Ocean View category stateroom. Then there are sub-categories of Ocean View, Partial Sea View and Fully Obstructed View to choose from.

10 hours ago, leerathje said:

Are you looking for an inside, or are you looking for a single?  I believe all singles are ocean views.

L.

I was looking at a inside single but from the HAL web site it was for me difficult to see what I was getting. If I could go to a deck & click on a stateroom for more information that would be great. I’m so used to the Princess web site where I can go to a deck & click on any available stateroom & get details about that stateroom. Can’t do that on the HAL site. I did not see any staterooms just for singles. Is that possible on all ships?

Tom😀

I suggest that you try calling Guest Services on Monday - 1-800-541-1576.  Have a few cabins that you're interested in, and they will give you the sizes.  The "I" cabins should be fairly spacious.  8092 can accommodate three people.  If you're sensitive to noise, think about what is above and below.  For a single traveller, you may want to even consider a "J" on decks 5, 6 or 7.  However, they would be a bit smaller.  Hope this helps.  

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Interesting in a transatlantic cruise to get off in New York is $500 more than getting off in FT Lauderdale. 

Tom🤔

Huh?  What date?  I'm booked on Rotterdam VII TA for the 150th anniversary sailing.  For some staterooms the price is the same or very slightly different for the 12-day disembarking in NYC and for the 15-day disembarking in FLL....with the longer FLL disembarkation being the more expensive in each instance.  I can't imagine the shorter cruise being the more expensive ever.  Again, what date are you investigating?

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I was looking at a inside single but from the HAL web site it was for me difficult to see what I was getting. If I could go to a deck & click on a stateroom for more information that would be great. I’m so used to the Princess web site where I can go to a deck & click on any available stateroom & get details about that stateroom. Can’t do that on the HAL site. I did not see any staterooms just for singles. Is that possible on all ships?

Tom😀

The Pinnacle Class ships, (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and the Rotterdam) all have rooms for singles, and they are all oceanviews. As I understand they are on deck 1. I've attached a photo fo the floor plan.

L.

rooms.JPG

1 hour ago, Av8rix said:

Huh?  What date?  I'm booked on Rotterdam VII TA for the 150th anniversary sailing.  For some staterooms the price is the same or very slightly different for the 12-day disembarking in NYC and for the 15-day disembarking in FLL....with the longer FLL disembarkation being the more expensive in each instance.  I can't imagine the shorter cruise being the more expensive ever.  Again, what date are you investigating?

Yes it is the 150th Anniversary cruise. When I looked before I remember it being cheaper than New York which didn’t make sense. 

There is a YouTube site that I look at called Don’s Family Vacation & yesterday he mentioned this cruise & possibly organizing a small group & this caught my eye. 

I just looked again & it’s $190 more to Ft Lauderdale. 

I’ve booked with Princess with an obstructed ocean view with nothing really outside the window so I was thinking about that if on their web site I can figure out how I find that option. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, trbarton said:

Thanks for your help!

Tom😀

Take a look here: Cruisedeckplans

Using their "Cabin Guru", you can even see what is immediately above and below any particular cabin.