Elevators and social distancing.

jskinsd

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

This was an issue on my recent trip, many families of 6 or more did not adhere to the 4 ppl per elevator rule set by the hotel i was staying in.  

Good to hear from you, old boy, trust you are well.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, BirdTravels said:

While I appreciate the concern, there are those of us who still have to go into an office every day and ride [sometimes crowded] elevators every day. And travel by air a few times a month. We have also gone on short vacations a half dozen times since the "reopening" using elevators to go between our rooms, restaurants, and entertainment (sounds like a cruise ship).

If you are not ready to join that environment, then don't book a cruise right now. Don't book a flight right now. 

Yes, I wear a N95 mask while on public transportation, at all times while on vacation, and while in public places (grocery stores, etc.). And I wear a KN95 mask all day in the office. I observe physical distancing (even if others don't).  

I agree 100%...... unlike a lot of people and companies my company never shut down. I'm in the office everyday. With the exception of wearing mask, and having hand sanitizer stations all around my work life has been pretty much the same. I have to admit their are days I long for Code Red. Nothing beats getting to work in 20 minutes, now its back to my "Normal" 60-75 ride

23 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Good to hear from you, old boy, trust you are well.

All is well thank you., had a great holiday in Dubai.  90 degree F  weather. Now im looking to book a crusie however im not sure when and where, i was hoping there would be a clearer picture as so many ppl are getting vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

All is well thank you., had a great holiday in Dubai.  90 degree F  weather. Now im looking to book a crusie however im not sure when and where, i was hoping there would be a clearer picture as so many ppl are getting vaccinated. 

Certainly not from Miami anytime soon, based on recent media reporting from there!!

• Like 1

Maybe COVID will finally force designers to add more than two elevator and stairwell banks back to megaships? 😂

I still remember being astounded on the QM2 that there were four elevator banks... most times you'd be hard pressed to interact with anyone in an elevator or stairwell. 

• Like 1