Will the St Maarten’s cruise be it?

slanik

After seeing the news about Celebrity starting up cruises out of St Maarten in June, it made me wonder if that is the only cruise that will be going this summer.   Will they ease back into cruising slowly or will they go full throttle once the CDC lightens up the restrictions for US departure ports?  Anyone else have similar thoughts?

On 3/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, slanik said:

After seeing the news about Celebrity starting up cruises out of St Maarten in June, it made me wonder if that is the only cruise that will be going this summer.   Will they ease back into cruising slowly or will they go full throttle once the CDC lightens up the restrictions for US departure ports?  Anyone else have similar thoughts?

One of the issues is that summer is normally the time for Europe and Alaska.  Usually not that many other cruises out of the US in the summer other than Alaska.  You get the Northeast cruises in the fall.  Mexican and Caribbean  cruises when the ships end the Alaska routes and the ships return from Europe.

58 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Probably not.   RCL just announced another ship sailing from Bermuda and there is a rumor on another thread about Apex sailing from Pireas starting in June.

With everything that's happening in Europe, I wonder if pax will be restricted to EU residents only.