Room 4123 - advice sought

onlyslightlymad

I have taking the optimistic route and placed a deposit on a Viking Cruise for December 2022.  We have never cruised with Viking before and have reserved Room 4123 at the back of the ship.  My concern is that, having googled this room number, the only review I found complained of water from the infinity pool splashing down onto the balcony.  Does anyone here have experience of this room of the one next door?  I understand that all the Viking ships have the same layout.

Haven't been in any of the aft cabins, but can comment of the infinity pool. On Viking Sun they had 2 operational levels, with the deepest one a number of inches below the top of the perspex. If the ship was pitching with the pool at this level I can see water spilling aft over the perspex. 

However, they also had a catchment area astern of the pool.

At sea, the level was lowered about a foot. When the ship was pitching significantly it  was covered and emptied. Any time we used it, we never saw water going over the stern.

Hopefully someone that has been in one of the aft cabins can chip in.

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Haven't been in any of the aft cabins, but can comment of the infinity pool. On Viking Sun they had 2 operational levels, with the deepest one a number of inches below the top of the perspex. If the ship was pitching with the pool at this level I can see water spilling aft over the perspex. 

However, they also had a catchment area astern of the pool.

At sea, the level was lowered about a foot. When the ship was pitching significantly it  was covered and emptied. Any time we used it, we never saw water going over the stern.

Hopefully someone that has been in one of the aft cabins can chip in.

Thank you.  That is reassuring.

With 4123 being on 4 deck and the pool on 7 deck I would think any water getting past the catchment basin would be due to some unusual circumstance.  I wouldn't hesitate to book it.  We have enjoyed aft cabins on other ships and Viking ships have almost no discernible vibration under normal conditions, even in the restaurant aft on 3 deck.  

• Like 1