Mask on Adventure

57 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I actually used to be in telesales/former ambulance chaser despite having stutter - it was never an issue to my employers. I am a realist and I am uk mask exempt if I wanted to be.  I really do struggle to speak wearing it.

I won't go on a ship if I have to wear mask neither will by father. Then again we won't buy anything to show proof of vaccination so there is no point to really thinking about beyond that unless i can get paper laminated. One of my former clients is facing the opposite situation to the cruise lines. Getting care home staff vaccination. They are willing to just insist on hygiene, ppe masks for the staff forever all of which cost money as opposed to insisting on vaccine for work which cost nothing on the NHS. The cruise lines are in the opposite situation. Vaccine my cost them money but making/asking passenger to wear mask costs nothing. A tough choice to be sure.

So you were a barrister?  What do you do now besides advocating for masks for life? 

Edited by livingonthebeach

17 hours ago, LXA350 said:

We can start this subject once all the fleet is back up and running and the cheap cruise deals out of the US are offered.

Now let's focus on the masks, which seems to be another very difficult subject for people to wear one. As long as you don't need to wear a mask sitting on your deck chair or even when walking outside  I don't see what the whole fuss is all about if it contributes to keep us all safe.

I think I’ve asked this but went unanswered. How many masks do you and Ace wear?  I should do a poll. 😇

M8

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

So you were a barrister?  What do you do now besides advocating for masks for life? 

No a call centre employee. We would put clients who wanted to claim for accident in touch with law firms. I don't want to a wear mask on a ship. I can see the argument for doing it maybe even forever but it will cause a lot of bother.

Edited by ace2542

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

My wife and I wear one mask, and we are both vaccinated. I also wear a mask at work, and have no problem wearing on on a cruise. Most of the time, i forget it's on.

I've gotten so used to wearing a mask that I'm the same way with forgetting it's on.  Often I'll leave a store or something, and forget that I'm wearing one.

• Like 1