Mask on Adventure

45 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Permanent mask wearing on ships and the crew won’t have to worry about getting sick because they will be unemployed because their employer has gone out of business.  

I disagree with you. People would simply get used to it the way they have got used to not smoking in bars in new york or other places maybe.

Cruising will survive IF mask wearing become permanent I think. Again it will be interesting to see the sales for up celeb/royal cruises.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I disagree with you. People would simply get used to it the way they have got used to not smoking in bars in new york or other places maybe.

Cruising will survive IF mask wearing become permanent I think. Again it will be interesting to see the sales for up celeb/royal cruises.

Nope not a chance.  People like to breathe fresh air.  Seeing more and more without every day.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Have you ever considered that maybe the staff won't want them to be ditched? Again why should they have to get every type of cold, flu and sniffle going?

You say how many times a day?   Do you cut and paste it?     If you or the staff want to wear a mask forever, they may do so, unless management tells them otherwise.      

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You say how many times a day?   Do you cut and paste it?     If you or the staff want to wear a mask forever, they may do so, unless management tells them otherwise.      

Lets close this masks forever once and for all. I believe Bill Gates when he says this will be all over by the end of 2022. He seems to have his finger of the pulse of things. Lets take that as gospel and see if masks are still on ships at the start of 2023 when as Gates says the pandemic is over.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So now, along with TV reruns, you’re using NYC Taxi drivers for your info?  Why am I not surprised. 😇

M8

No in the UK Hanckey cabs the blacks cabs you see in London have partitions to protect the drivers from being attacked and robbed because they pick people up in the streets and don't know who they are. Private hire taxi drivers don't have a partition because they are hired privately and the police can trace the person who hired the taxi at least in theory so the drivers are safe. They are not but that is the logic behind it. In NYC at least the taxis have partitions in them. I don't know if they use them to keep from getting sick. But apparently taxi drivers and by extension of that people in front line contact jobs I suppose get very sick the first couple of years of work then build up great immune system or so private hire taxi drivers have told me when we have been discussing Covid.

There is no reason for workers on cruise ships to get sick if customers wear masks onboard and I think staff realise that.

Edited by ace2542

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

No in the UK Hanckey cabs the blacks cabs you see in London have partitions to protect the drivers from being attacked and robbed because they pick people up in the streets and don't know how they are. Private hire taxi drivers don't have a partition because they are hired privately and the police can trace the person who hired the taxi at least in theory so the drivers are safe. They are not but that is the logic behind it. In NYC at least the taxis have partitions in them. I don't know if they use them to keep from getting sick. But apparently taxi drivers and by extension of that people in front line contact jobs I suppose get very sick the first couple of years of work then build up great immune system or so private hire taxi drivers have told me when we have been discussing Covid.

There is no reason for workers on cruise ships to get sick if customers wear masks onboard and I think staff realise that.

I think we all here appreciate your expertise on all things Royal and Covid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, LXA350 said:

RCL will find enough passengers to sell those cruises as luckily they have enough clientele that does not only cruise because life is cheaper on board than on land, otherwise RCL would have been long gone before any pandemic.

Hence, the start up phase is really only for passionate cruisers that can't wait to finally be back onboard and are ok with a cruising experience that will be somewhat different to what it was before the pandemic.

I seriously can't believe you subscibe to that life is cheaper on board crap. It's not,  unless you try and compare it to assisted living, which it's not anywhere close to realistically 

13 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Have you ever considered that maybe the staff won't want them to be ditched? Again why should they have to get every type of cold, flu and sniffle going?

Won't UK/US and others even in the slow vaccinating Europe be at so called herd immunity within what? 4 months? 6 months?. Or maybe a bit more?

And fwiw I am very disappointed with the plans for vaccine passport for bars et al here in UK. Guess I will have to spend out however much for an I Phone after all.

Get an Android. 

Apple is overpriced crap

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I seriously can't believe you subscibe to that life is cheaper on board crap. It's not,  unless you try and compare it to assisted living, which it's not anywhere close to realistically 

Doesn't that depend where you would choose to live?. I have seen world cruise on Cunard 101 nights or something like that inside cabin from £11000  even cheaper than that and on MSC for cheaper in the £7400 range. 

Perhaps poster LXA350 should create a new thread on this to take away us from the masks and covid discussion that never seems to end.

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, LXA350 said:

RCL will find enough passengers to sell those cruises as luckily they have enough clientele that does not only cruise because life is cheaper on board than on land, otherwise RCL would have been long gone before any pandemic.

Hence, the start up phase is really only for passionate cruisers that can't wait to finally be back onboard and are ok with a cruising experience that will be somewhat different to what it was before the pandemic.

Why don't you create a new thread to discuss the possibility that life may be cheaper onboard and living onboard ships?

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Why don't you create a new thread to discuss the possibility that life may be cheaper onboard and living onboard ships?

We can start this subject once all the fleet is back up and running and the cheap cruise deals out of the US are offered.

Now let's focus on the masks, which seems to be another very difficult subject for people to wear one. As long as you don't need to wear a mask sitting on your deck chair or even when walking outside  I don't see what the whole fuss is all about if it contributes to keep us all safe.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Now let's focus on the masks, which seems to be another very difficult subject for people to wear one. As long as you don't need to wear a mask sitting on your deck chair or even when walking outside  I don't see what the whole fuss is all about if it contributes to keep us all safe

You will probably need to in both situations to be fair. And for me in the mask in the pool situation is head towards a noro/holiday sickness. People might get ill putting their masks back on for the walk to shower/changing room after being in the pool before having showered/cleaned their hands.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You will probably need to in both situations to be fair. And for me in the mask in the pool situation is head towards a noro/holiday sickness. People might get ill putting their masks back on for the walk to shower/changing room after being in the pool before having showered/cleaned their hands.

To be fair?  Good golly Ace.  Sure you're not a mask salesman?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, ace2542 said:

No in the UK Hanckey cabs the blacks cabs you see in London have partitions to protect the drivers from being attacked and robbed because they pick people up in the streets and don't know who they are. Private hire taxi drivers don't have a partition because they are hired privately and the police can trace the person who hired the taxi at least in theory so the drivers are safe. They are not but that is the logic behind it. In NYC at least the taxis have partitions in them. I don't know if they use them to keep from getting sick. But apparently taxi drivers and by extension of that people in front line contact jobs I suppose get very sick the first couple of years of work then build up great immune system or so private hire taxi drivers have told me when we have been discussing Covid.

Why not let them build great immune systems then and also what do you think about smoking- isn't curbing that number 1 to keep them healthy short, and long term?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

To be fair?  Good golly Ace.  Sure you're not a mask salesman?

I actually used to be in telesales/former ambulance chaser despite having stutter - it was never an issue to my employers. I am a realist and I am uk mask exempt if I wanted to be.  I really do struggle to speak wearing it.

I won't go on a ship if I have to wear mask neither will by father. Then again we won't buy anything to show proof of vaccination so there is no point to really thinking about beyond that unless i can get paper laminated. One of my former clients is facing the opposite situation to the cruise lines. Getting care home staff vaccination. They are willing to just insist on hygiene, ppe masks for the staff forever all of which cost money as opposed to insisting on vaccine for work which cost nothing on the NHS. The cruise lines are in the opposite situation. Vaccine my cost them money but making/asking passenger to wear mask costs nothing. A tough choice to be sure.