Viking logistics question

mseldga

Hi all! Brand new to Viking, but lots of cruises on Princess, Celebrity, etc. I have an opportunity to join some family members on a Seeking the Northern Lights cruise on the Viking Venus. The catch is that I'd be sharing a cabin with my father and neither of us are eager to share a King bed- lol. I've looked on Viking's website, but can't tell if the King beds can be separated into twins. Does anyone know? Any other suggestions for cabin selection if sharing with someone other than a spouse or young child would be appreciated! We're both light sleepers and don't want to make each other miserable. 😂. Suites are sold out on our sailing, but we could maybe do a penthouse veranda if we're sharing.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, mseldga said:

Hi all! Brand new to Viking, but lots of cruises on Princess, Celebrity, etc. I have an opportunity to join some family members on a Seeking the Northern Lights cruise on the Viking Venus. The catch is that I'd be sharing a cabin with my father and neither of us are eager to share a King bed- lol. I've looked on Viking's website, but can't tell if the King beds can be separated into twins. Does anyone know? Any other suggestions for cabin selection if sharing with someone other than a spouse or young child would be appreciated! We're both light sleepers and don't want to make each other miserable. 😂. Suites are sold out on our sailing, but we could maybe do a penthouse veranda if we're sharing.

Thanks!

Yes - Viking will separate the king into two beds.  After you book the cruise, there's a place in My Viking Journey where you can customize your cabin - request robe and slippers, separate the bed, etc.  The penthouse veranda is bigger and wider than the regular veranda cabins.  You have to move up to the penthouse veranda junior suite to get a little separation between the sleeping and sitting areas.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mseldga said:

Thank you! 

What JeriGail said plus...A Penthouse Veranda would be nicer for two non-intimate people.  There is more walk around room, the closet is very accessible by both people as it is in the entrance hallway rather then parallel to one of the beds.  There is much storage room in drawers, open shelves and countertops.  In addition to the desk which is already filled up with water caraf and glasses, quiet vox devices and telephone, there is a credenza with a long top to place things.  In a cold weather cruise you might have more and bulkier clothing - jackets, sweaters etc and want more storage space and easier access to hang coats up.  If you use backpacks and camera equipment there are places to put them other then your bed.  You also have a nice sofa and side chair around a coffee table.  Plus if you drink alcohol, the fridge comes with little bottles of alcohol, mixers and beers and it is replenished daily.

• Thanks 1

We have sailed in both the deluxe veranda and the penthouse veranda.  We prefer the Penthouse Veranda with the extra space.  Much easier to get into the closet in the penthouse veranda. Also we used the removable command hooks on the outside of the end of the closet.  Made a great place to hang up jackets and hats.

Also place a note in the little refrig for items to be removed or replaced.We also would pick up bottles of water to keep in or little refrig. Always pack some "ziplock" type bags.. Loved the cheese and fruit plate from  Room service. One plate was more that we would eat in the afternoon  Room Service Hot items  always arrived hot and cold items were always cold.

Enjoy your first Viking Ocean cruise.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JeriGail said:

You have to move up to the penthouse veranda junior suite to get a little separation between the sleeping and sitting areas.

Also note, that all cabins on board are designed for not more than two people. There are no convertible sleep-sofas in any of the cabins.

11 hours ago, mseldga said:

We're both light sleepers and don't want to make each other miserable. 😂.

Even with separate beds, you are not going to be that far apart. Consider ear plugs or earbuds for your phone with a white noise app. Whatever it takes because Northern Lights is worth the effort.

• Like 1