Seabourn Internet Prices

I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread but if someone could tell me the cost of Seabourn Internet I'd appreciate it.  I see $400 each for unlimited use on a 14 day cruise, is that correct?

I find it very strange that Seabourn charges for Internet and Silversea for "La Dame'.  Just build it into the price.  

ty

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread but if someone could tell me the cost of Seabourn Internet I'd appreciate it.  I see $400 each for unlimited use on a 14 day cruise, is that correct?

I find it very strange that Seabourn charges for Internet and Silversea for "La Dame'.  Just build it into the price.  

ty

I don't know if anything has changed, but $399 is what is was December 2019.

5 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

ty

I am happy with having to pay if I want to use the internet on Seabourn, usually use any OBC I have to pay. By not building it into the cruise price passengers are not paying for something the do not want to use. Had a big dissuasion with another passenger who sails with another cruise line who kept saying he got free internet and could not see it was built into his cruise price

Nothing is free 😀

5 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

14 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

I am happy with having to pay if I want to use the internet on Seabourn, usually use any OBC I have to pay. By not building it into the cruise price passengers are not paying for something the do not want to use. Had a big dissuasion with another passenger who sails with another cruise line who kept saying he got free internet and could not see it was built into his cruise price

Nothing is free 😀

Sure they could make everything ala carte, many cruise line do.  Drink packages, restaurant fees maybe $10 for lobster with that filet mignon.   With the prices luxury cruise charge I'd prefer they just include everything in the price.  I understand excursions being separate in some cases.

Just me.

I have long thought that WIFI services should be included in the price of the cruise on Seabourn.  Silversea includes it and their cruise  prices are very close to those of Seabourn.  I think charging for WIFI has been a profitable endeavor for Seabourn even though they could not always guarantee good reliable WIFI service.  Including WIFI in the cruise price would certainly fit their "all included" reputation.   

If one were to investigate the cost of satellite services available to the marine industry (depending on ship location) you would be shocked at the $ number. IMHO when Seabourn rolls out their included WIFI they should look at offering basic services included for say “normal” communications but if you want high end services i.e. streaming then those services should be offered at a user rate.

For example we were on a cruise at Christmas some years back on Spirit the first 7 days the internet was perfect for our needs; the second 7 days when families came on board, was absolutely useless.

We think heavy users should pay for their needs; we know that kinda goes against the one class fits all, but satellite services at sea are at another level of crazy cost. We’d be happy to pay a premium for high end internet if we were in need of it.

We would be DH and I!

Edited by Cantara24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cantara24 said:

If one were to investigate the cost of satellite services available to the marine industry (depending on ship location) you would be shocked at the $ number. IMHO when Seabourn rolls out their included WIFI they should look at offering basic services included for say “normal” communications but if you want high end services i.e. streaming then those services should be offered at a user rate.

For example we were on a cruise at Christmas some years back on Spirit the first 7 days the internet was perfect for our needs; the second 7 days when families came on board, was absolutely useless.

We think heavy users should pay for their needs; we know that kinda goes against the one class fits all, but satellite services at sea are at another level of crazy cost. We’d be happy to pay a premium for high end internet if we were in need of it.

We would be DH and I!

We have paid for the WIFI on Seabourn and it was definitely not high end.  Passengers were asked NOT to stream using the WIFI.  I'm sure many of them streamed anyway--affecting the rest of us.  

My understanding (subject to revision) is that the new "included" internet packages will be associated with both duration and cabin classification. For example: 7-day Verandah will be 300 minutes per person, 14-day for 600 minutes per person and 21-day including 900 minutes. Those booked in suites may have unlimited access. Again, I am trying to parse through the online information and releases, so this is all speculation until we have firm policy.

I wonder if there will be a nominal "upgrade" charge to unlimited (less than the standard $400 for unlimited Internet on a 14-day pp) now that "some" Internet is included in all fares (7-day=300 minutes pp, 14-day=600 minutes pp, 21-day=900 minutes pp)