Preparing the Regal for her UK seacation tour.

windsurferfirst

I am really interested to know the time table of events to get the Regal ready for her UK tour.

She is currently on anchor off Limasol. I am wondering when and where the crew will board. When she will move to Southampton. Where the crew with quarantine. Lots of questions going round my tiny brain.

Her first cruise will be July 31st ( which I am on) With the lack of anything else to get excited about in lockdown England I am focusing on my first cruise.

Any inside info would be much appreciated.

I watch the vlog "Same Ship Different Day" on YouTube. The vlogger is a current officer on cruise ships. He was on Princess, but was recently transferred to P&O. 

He lives in England and has been there since the shutdown. Flew to the Orient to meet the ship that would transfer him to his future "home". After a marathon flight with testing done at least 3 times, he quarantined on the transfer ship (I forget for how long). After boarding the "home" ship, he quarantined again for a week IIRC.

If that will be the procedure for Princess, the crew will likely quarantine on the ship before it starts cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I watch the vlog "Same Ship Different Day" on YouTube. The vlogger is a current officer on cruise ships. He was on Princess, but was recently transferred to P&O. 

He lives in England and has been there since the shutdown. Flew to the Orient to meet the ship that would transfer him to his future "home". After a marathon flight with testing done at least 3 times, he quarantined on the transfer ship (I forget for how long). After boarding the "home" ship, he quarantined again for a week IIRC.

If that will be the procedure for Princess, the crew will likely quarantine on the ship before it starts cruising.

Thanks for pointing to this vlog.  

Cheers

• Thanks 1

If you look at the latest posting of “Same Ship Different Day” you will see a good description of wha6 the different officers stripes mean. He provides a lot of good perspectives/news as to what’s going on. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

I understood that all passengers and CREW were going to be vaccinated on the Regal during this UK trial run, making all the pre-crew quarantine requirements moot

Did I misunderstand the original Princess announcement ?

3 hours ago, srpilo said:

I understood that all passengers and CREW were going to be vaccinated on the Regal during this UK trial run, making all the pre-crew quarantine requirements moot

Did I misunderstand the original Princess announcement ?

No, just passengers. See question 11 on this page.

image.thumb.png.d56bdda6112784aef504f5f3d0469ac5.png

Edited by dides

17 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I just watched  same ship different day. Wow!  So informative. Thanks for the heads up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Caravan 37 said:

We've just booked for 21 Aug 3 nights staycation - can anyone advise on formal nights on 3 nighters or anything else useful - we last sailed Princess 10Yrs ago!

There won’t be a formal night as such, but there will be a “dress to impress” night on all the seacation sailings - I’m sailing on 1st September 

1 hour ago, favouriteplaces said:

There won’t be a formal night as such, but there will be a “dress to impress” night on all the seacation sailings - I’m sailing on 1st September 

Thanks - don't think it's worth lugging DJ and the like for 3 nights!

• Haha 1