Can FCC be used on a cruise already booked?

Tracyjj0

Hi, I’m thinking about booking a cruise on Britannia in October (the last one before the ship sets off for the Caribbean season) as some friends have invited us to join them.

If I pay in full and the cruise is cancelled would I be able to use the future cruise credit against one of the 2 other cruises I have booked, in Feb 2022 & Mar 2023, or can you only use it on a completely new booking? 
Asking as I don’t think we’d want to book anything else with P&O, as we also have 2 other holidays booked in 2022 & 2023. 
Thanks in advance 

6 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Hi, I’m thinking about booking a cruise on Britannia in October (the last one before the ship sets off for the Caribbean season) as some friends have invited us to join them.

If I pay in full and the cruise is cancelled would I be able to use the future cruise credit against one of the 2 other cruises I have booked, in Feb 2022 & Mar 2023, or can you only use it on a completely new booking? 
Asking as I don’t think we’d want to book anything else with P&O, as we also have 2 other holidays booked in 2022 & 2023. 
Thanks in advance 

Currently you can only use an FCC towards a new cruise or towards an upgrade on an existing cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Thanks in advance 

If the cruise was cancelled by P and O you would be able to get a refund rather than FCC if you don't want them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Thanks in advance 

I think it now seems unlikely this cruise, which we have also booked, will be cancelled. But if it is you would be entitled to a full refund of the monies you have paid out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Currently you can only use an FCC towards a new cruise or towards an upgrade on an existing cruise.

I have been able to move FCC’s on more than one occasion to cruises already booked as long as they were booked after the ones cancelled 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When I spoke with P&O to confirm the amount of FCC we had left was told if it was booked this year then credit could be used towards it, if booked last year than would have to be an upgrade.

Was pleasantly surprised at their calculation after being told most of it had been allocated to the children - hence why it was showing on mine or the wife’s accounts

• Thanks 1