Is on board credit included in price protection?

If I book a cruise that has price protection and later Carnival offers some kind of lower sale price, I know that the price can be adjusted down. Currently, the cruise I'm considering has no OBC in the deal but I suspect that may change. If they run a promo of some kind at a later date, will I be able to get any OBC's added to my cruise under price protection if the price is lower/equal? What about if the price is higher but the OBC offsets enough to lower overall price?    

29 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

If I book a cruise that has price protection and later Carnival offers some kind of lower sale price, I know that the price can be adjusted down. Currently, the cruise I'm considering has no OBC in the deal but I suspect that may change. If they run a promo of some kind at a later date, will I be able to get any OBC's added to my cruise under price protection if the price is lower/equal? What about if the price is higher but the OBC offsets enough to lower overall price?    

I'm not entirely sure what you mean but here is a example.

I booked for $1000 plus 200 fees and taxes for 2. My rate included a $50 obc. The rate is 1000 plus 50, so new rate has to be lower than 1050.

Whatever obc is offered as booking incentive is part of the cruisefare. 

Probably said it wrong but the booking incentive is part of the cruisefare. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I booked for $1000 plus 200 fees and taxes for 2. My rate included a $50 obc. The rate is 1000 plus 50, so new rate has to be lower than 1050.

New rate for same category exactly. Is now 1030, with no obc. I would not want to price match as I'd lose $20. 

Whatever obc is offered as booking incentive is part of the cruisefare. 

This is what I'm wanting to know. So say my cruise is 5K for the cabins (all in) with zero OBC and I have price protection. If later on down the line there is a offer for the same 5K but an additional OBC of say $200 per booking, would I be able to claim the additional $400 ($200 x 2 cabins) under the price protection and get that same $400 added to my booking as OBC? 

Edited by cruisingguy007
Calcification

Each cabin is individual so if each went down and was before final payment you get the difference to your card. After final payment if you booked early saver each cabin would get 200, your cabin couldnt get the whole 400.

And you cant take part of the price drop. Let's say taxes and fees went up 20 per cabin, each cabin gets the 180 difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Only early saver rate has price protection after final payment. 

The other rates all you can do is upgrade if the rate drops if a higher cat matches what you paid.  

OK great. Thanks for the clarification and insight. Much appreciated! 

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

If the price goes down again but without OBC promotion, if you match again you lose the OBC. Whenever you open a booking for repricing they reprice everything to  current terms 

Good to know, thank you. 

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wouldn't it be the other way? 1000 with 50 OBC is a net cost of 950. The new fare would need to be lower than (net) 950 vs 1050.