Online Booking and Best Price Guarantee Questions

rad798

So we booked our June 19, 2021 St. Maarten when they first opened up online.

Booked on Celebrity's website. Never received a receipt or anything showing what I paid for cruise. Is this normal?

All my other cruises have been through travel agents. I always get an emailed receipt of what I paid with them.

Basically, received one e-mail from CEO saying welcome aboard. Other than that nothing.

When I go to website, it does say I have paid in full. Just thought I would get an email with receipt.

Also, the price for a balcony has come down about $150 a person. I see there is a 1-888 number to call for best price guarantee. 

Is it worth calling that number? Never had tried to get money or OBC in the past

We are booked on the June 26th cruise out of St. Maarten.  When we booked we got a confirmation email with the price, but we didn't get the usual invoice attached.  I'm not sure why we didn't get the invoice.  Definitely different this time, and we've always booked online.  Even when I paid the balance, I didn't receive an update.  Normally, when a payment is made, a new invoice is emailed out.  Something has changed. 

At the same time you call ask about the price change. Ask them to email you a copy of the Booking Confirmation- Guest Copy.  You should have received this when you booked.

it will show you what you were charged by line item. 

Edited by jelayne

Call and ask for them to email you a Guest Invoice.   After you receive that should be almost immediately then ask about the best price guarantee.  They should apply the price difference as additional OBC, then ask for an updated invoice.

There is an automated system for getting the guest invoice by calling the existing reservations number 1-888-751-7804   Then enter these at the prompts

Service Existing Bookings  3

Long blurb about cancelled sailings you have to wait for the whole thing, don't press 1 when it says to do so to request a refund, wait for the next prompt

Prompt --  Select one of the following 3 choices 1 Certified Vacation Planner 2 Travel Agent  3 Web Site                      Select 1 even though you booked via the web site

Prompt --  Use automated system     Select 1

Then it goes to a voice system.   Say Confirmation  and have your confirmation number handy.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 2

Well, just got off the phone.

Was able to get a Booking Confirmation- Guest Copy.

Does seem to have a lot more promotion adding and taking away gibberish than what I am use to with all my other cruises.

Anyways, since it is past final payment, the agent said she could do nothing for me as far OBC or upgrade.

41 minutes ago, rad798 said:

Anyways, since it is past final payment, the agent said she could do nothing for me as far OBC or upgrade.

That's just not right.  Did you point the agent to the Cruise with Confidence info.   Maybe try the number listed.

This is in their FAQ's at https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

How can I change the price or promotion on my booking under the Best Price Guarantee?

You may request a change in the cruise price and offer up to 48 hours prior to the departure date. You must contact your travel advisor or call Celebrity Cruises at 1-800-437-3111 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide at least 48 hours prior to sailing. You may change the price and offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the sailing. If Celebrity Cruises’ “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare after the Final Payment due date, then the difference will be provided to guests in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit for use on the guest’s cruise.  If our “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare before the Final Payment due date, the difference will be provided in a rate adjustment. Certain promotions will be excluded from the policy. A list of exclusions will be provided.

• Like 2

If you book and the price drops, but no cabins in your class of cabin, they won't adjust anything.  We usually receive OBC for one reason or another.  I think now, since the cruise lines are struggling, it's probably impossible to get it on a new booking unless you snag it right when you first book.  We use one of the Celebrity agents and he has been able to offer us OBC that we weren't aware of while looking at the web.  But, those could be a thing of the past!  Hope you have some success.  

3 hours ago, DragonflyCruiser said:

If you book and the price drops, but no cabins in your class of cabin, they won't adjust anything.

If no cabins are available you would have no way of knowing the prevailing rate so yes this is the case.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the best offer guarantee, etc., is that in effect if you book directly only? If you end up using a travel agent, does that negate that option? I'm not sure how my future cruise was booked (another family member did it.)

Edited by Lunesse

9 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you are booked via a TA you just have to request the change from the TA and they deal with Celebrity but yes you are still entitled to the best price/promotion.

Thank you very much! 😃