Celebrity Captains Club Elite

irsavy

We are elite plus, and no longer take advantage of the drinks offered at the elite social hour, in either the Sky lounge or if too crowded , the bars around the ship.  The reason is simple,  We are not wine snobs.  We like a good chardonnay.  The Chardonnay they serve at the elite happy hour is absolute garbage, St Helena chardonnay and the like,  It is awful.

That is why we always book our next cruise while on the ship, get the classic beverage package as a perk, then always upgrade to the premium package for the $10 per day plus gratuity.

This was all done before the "all inclusive" pricing currently being offered.  

I can just imagine the quality of the "all inclusive" chardonnays with this new concept.  With the premium package, we drink slightly better chardonnays, like the Mer Soleil, the Elegant (Kendall Jackson), or some others I cannot remember right now, as our last cruise was so long ago, August, 2019.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:

I can just imagine the quality of the "all inclusive" chardonnays with this new concept.  With the premium package, we drink slightly better chardonnays, like the Mer Soleil, the Elegant (Kendall Jackson), or some others I cannot remember right now, as our last cruise was so long ago, August, 2019.  

I am not aware of a single thing from Celebrity that suggests any change whatsoever to the selection of drinks they will offer with Classic or Premium packages in the Always Included (not "all inclusive") program. The most recent description posted on their site (https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/beverage-package-flyer-optimized.pdf) specifically names Mer Soleil Chardonnay. Much can change at any time. What have you seen to suggest the quality of any drinks will be degraded?

On 5/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, irsavy said:

Now that Celebrity has a drink package included in all their bookings of what value is the Captains Club happy hour unlimited complimentary drink

benefit?

We always have enjoyed the ambiance and a chance toto quietly have a pre dinner cocktail or two.

But that is just us.

• Like 1