Virtuosa 3rd July Sailing now Seaview

Cruiseforever11

Omg my TA has just rung to say that msc have changed ship on the 3rd July out of Southampton to the Seaview! I don't know if I want to laugh or cry! I also have another sailing on 4th September on the Virtuosa and looks as if that is on the Seaview too! 

I can’t believe that is correct for many reasons, the complexity of changing plus the CEO was only talking about the ship and all the sailings just last week on a webinar.

Other TA’s would have heard about this and it would have got onto social media by now if it were true

TA has made a mistake, for sure,

I couldn't believe it myself to be honest but it's true. I phoned msc up to hear it from them and they confirmed it. So TA was correct. I just want a break I have got 4 other cruises in the air at the moment with them all being swapped about left right and centre.

Edited by Cruiseforever11

I don’t see how this could be correct. I’m booked on the 7 night from Liverpool which departs on 29 June. Would they seriously expect those who got on at Liverpool or any port other than Southampton to have to change ship mid cruise? This will be my first time on MSC and if this is true not only would I be cancelling the cruise I’d never contemplate sailing on them again!

It was July onwards. I've accepted the transfer on the July one to the Seaview with the obc but I'm not sure what to do with my September one yet. I was looking forward to new ship etc. I got call from the TA this morning around 11ish like all of your comments I didn't believe it or her because msc have made a big fuss with this ship in the UK and I told her I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, so I rang them and msc confirmed it. 

56 minutes ago, Temp77 said:

I don’t see how this could be correct. I’m booked on the 7 night from Liverpool which departs on 29 June. Would they seriously expect those who got on at Liverpool or any port other than Southampton to have to change ship mid cruise? This will be my first time on MSC and if this is true not only would I be cancelling the cruise I’d never contemplate sailing on them again!

Maybe you'll receive a call also! 🤣

I've just got of the phone to msc cause everyone was worrying me that they had not heard so just spoke to someone else at msc and got told cruise has not been changed!! So I've told them to listen to my call this morning as I was told July sailings onwards. So now on the phone in a queue to TA. My apologies for this thread but I was only going on the information I was provided by TA and Msc this morning. 

• Like 1

Hi all ok I have just got of the phone to the TA and I ended up speaking to a manager because I have not only stressed other people out i'm now a complete wreck! My cruise on the 3rd of July has NOT been changed! It is still the Virtuosa. Nor has my September one. The TA had made a mistake. I have 3 other cruises with them which are all in the air but I can assure you I will not be going with them again no matter how good their prices are. You can't do that to people. They gave me options and everything and I gave the go ahead to swap ships. As for msc a complaint is in too. I am so sorry to everyone for any unnecessary stress. 😔

54 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’m on the 3rd July sailing, I nearly had a coronary when I read the original post!  So pleased it’s incorrect 😅 

You and me too 😱

Glad I decided to sit back and see how it played out 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

You and me too 😱

Glad I decided to sit back and see how it played out 😂

I read it and thought oh noooo. I was in two minds whether to start making phone calls until I read post no.5 and agreed it didn’t make sense that people would have to change ship mid cruise. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

We (were) booked on Seaview out of Copenhagen on July 25th.
But there have been several changes so far.
First they changed the ship to MSC Seaview.
I booked through MSC and never received a word about the change - I had to call them.
Lucky I did because we didn't have a cabin assigned on Seaview.

Next the departure Port changed to Kiel and it appears they dropped several ports,
including St. Petersburg and Copenhagen.  (the primary reasons we booked this itinerary).
And now all Northern Europe (Baltic) cruises have fallen off the site completely for 2021.
No idea what is going on - and again not a word from MSC - so far.

40 minutes ago, Feedurhed said:

We (were) booked on Seaview out of Copenhagen on July 25th.
But there have been several changes so far.
First they changed the ship to MSC Seaview.
I booked through MSC and never received a word about the change - I had to call them.
Lucky I did because we didn't have a cabin assigned on Seaview.

Next the departure Port changed to Kiel and it appears they dropped several ports,
including St. Petersburg and Copenhagen.  (the primary reasons we booked this itinerary).
And now all Northern Europe (Baltic) cruises have fallen off the site completely for 2021.
No idea what is going on - and again not a word from MSC - so far.

They're working on it. I believe they're expected to have an announcement later this week about those sailings.

• Like 1