Port Canaveral Hotel

kelkel2

I’m looking for recommendations on a hotel near the port for one night before the cruise. We prefer to get as close to port the day before to make the next day easier/faster. 
We’d like a hotel with a view of the port and also an airport shuttle if that exists.

Looking for recommendations please! 

I think the Radisson has an airport shuttle package. As for view of the port, I am not sure how much that really exists. The hotels are not that close to the ports, maybe a mile or so. There are a few hotels within that 1-2 mile range. They tend to be more expensive. I personally believe the time of arrival into MCO should determine where you stay. If you get in late, stay near MCO for much cheaper rates. If you are in early enough, head to the port but pay 2-3x.

The airport -MCO? - is about an hour drive from the port.  Any hotel offering an airport shuttle package will be charging you for the service.  Better IMHO to arrange your own transport and hotel.\

As suggested above, staying near MCO is an option (we prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range).  Transport is easy - one way car rental, Uber, shared shuttle (Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cortrans were popular before the virus hit), or the cruise transfer bus (Yuck!).

Closest to the port(?) is the Homewood Suites.  Not sure about a view (maybe some high floor rooms), but nice hotel, good pool area, and close to dining.  Good luck! 😎

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

The airport -MCO? - is about an hour drive from the port.  Any hotel offering an airport shuttle package will be charging you for the service.  Better IMHO to arrange your own transport and hotel.\

As suggested above, staying near MCO is an option (we prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range).  Transport is easy - one way car rental, Uber, shared shuttle (Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cortrans were popular before the virus hit), or the cruise transfer bus (Yuck!).

Closest to the port(?) is the Homewood Suites.  Not sure about a view (maybe some high floor rooms), but nice hotel, good pool area, and close to dining.  Good luck! 😎

Thank you! Yes we would fly to MCO. That’s where southwest flies into. 
This will be our first cruise out of Port Canaveral. Is there a good ride-share

company you can recommend? When we cruise from Miami we use SAS transportation.

I suppose we could Uber, but I’m sure that would cost a fortune too. 
We usually get a flight to arrive in the afternoon that way we can enjoy some time before the cruise and go to dinner, so I do think we’ll stay in Port Canaveral even if it is just a bit more expensive. 

Pre-virus Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans were the most often suggested shared shuttle companies between MCO and PC with prices starting about $25 per person each way.

UberX was about $65 or so for the same ride -that's for the car, not per person.

You can also look into a one-way car rental, allowing you the flexibility to dine, shop and stay where you want.  Drop the car off in the morning and ride the rental company's free shuttle to the port. The current rental car shortage may make this an expensive option.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, camper49 said:

Close to Port, park n sleep, Happy Hour & breakfast? Suggestions? 

Homewood Suites offers parking packages, manager's reception (beer & wine and snacks) and a great breakfast.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 5:43 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

I think the Radisson has an airport shuttle package. As for view of the port, I am not sure how much that really exists. The hotels are not that close to the ports, maybe a mile or so. There are a few hotels within that 1-2 mile range. They tend to be more expensive. I personally believe the time of arrival into MCO should determine where you stay. If you get in late, stay near MCO for much cheaper rates. If you are in early enough, head to the port but pay 2-3x.

This is where I stay when in PC.  Nice pool Easy shuttle service.

7 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Homewood Suites offers parking packages, manager's reception (beer & wine and snacks) and a great breakfast.

Do they have a cruise shuttle for the morning? 

1 hour ago, Lamar20 said:

We always stay at the Country Inn & Suites, They offer the Park and Ride to Port Canaveral.

Thank you! I think this is the hotel at the top of my list! 

On 5/23/2021 at 3:03 PM, kelkel2 said:

I’m looking for recommendations on a hotel near the port for one night before the cruise. We prefer to get as close to port the day before to make the next day easier/faster. 
We’d like a hotel with a view of the port and also an airport shuttle if that exists.

Looking for recommendations please! 

Some of the channel view rooms at Holiday Inn Vacation Club appear to have a good view of Carnival's new terminal. 

As soon as rooms become available for booking that is where we are booking for next August. We prefer private transfers so I have no idea if they have a port shuttle. Our ship is the only one in port on Sunday but there are several in port on Saturday. We will fly in (landing at noon if the schedules remain the same) and will be at the hotel shortly after. We are intrigued by the possibility of being able to walk to Jetty Park along the beach to watch the ships leave in the afternoon.