Wow bands or sea pass cards.

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Tracelet™ is a comfortable, water-resistant, hypoallergenic wearable worn by all guests and crew during the cruise. The Tracelet™ helps us with contact tracing in the unlikely event of an onboard health concern. Therefore, everyone onboard regardless of age, needs to wear it. Should you be unable to wear it on your wrist, we will find another way for you to wear it. Any guest who chooses not to wear the Tracelet™ will be unable to sail.

What ship was that quoted from?  Have not been on RCI ship that did that ...yet anyway.  

Edited by island lady

15 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ditto if they gave me something to wear on my wrist I simply put it in my pocket anyways

WE got the wows on Symphony so they are available to reprogram if they use the same ones...but before I always had my card punched and put them on this, love these, so easy. So I'm used to wrist thingies.  Never used the lanyards, always hit me in the face on deck.

key.jpg

Hubs collects ship crew card things, gets them from the bartenders:

photo.JPG

Edited by BecciBoo

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

What ship was that quoted from?  Have not been on RCI ship that did that ...yet anyway.  

Its part of RCI's new contact tracing policy. Can be found in their FAQ pages.

"All guests and crew will be issued a wearable called a Tracelet™ at the terminal to be worn during the cruise. The Tracelet™ supports contact tracing in the unlikely case of an onboard health concern. If you lose track of your Tracelet™, please contact Guest Services immediately. We’ll collect your Tracelet™ at the conclusion of the cruise."

14 minutes ago, Stevio said:

Its part of RCI's new contact tracing policy. Can be found in their FAQ pages.

"All guests and crew will be issued a wearable called a Tracelet™ at the terminal to be worn during the cruise. The Tracelet™ supports contact tracing in the unlikely case of an onboard health concern. If you lose track of your Tracelet™, please contact Guest Services immediately. We’ll collect your Tracelet™ at the conclusion of the cruise."

Is this recent?  Have never seen it before...maybe part of new Covid requirements?   I sure have never experienced it in the past on any of the ships.  I know they issue bands for the kids for tracing...but have not seen them do it for the adults yet.  

OK..edit:   I finally found it.  It is not for ships embarking from the U.S.  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Is this recent?  Have never seen it before...maybe part of new Covid requirements?   I sure have never experienced it in the past on any of the ships.  I know they issue bands for the kids for tracing...but have not seen them do it for the adults yet.  

Yes it is part of the new Covid rules for a return to sailing. I believe MSC have a similar system in place on their current cruises from UK & Europe.

So I assume RCI cruisers in future may be carrying a seapass card while wearing both a Wowband & a Tracelet... We have never been so well tracked.

Edited by Stevio

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That may or not be the proper answer on all ships - only true for Quantum, for now.

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That language has been that way since November when Quantum started sailing - only applies to her, for now.

I found it in the general Health Sail Center FAQ.  I could be wrong but I would assume that that is the policy for all ships going forward at this point.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That language has been that way since November when Quantum started sailing - only applies to her, for now.

Makes sense...have never been on Quantum or any of her sisters.  I will correct that by boarding Odyssey for a B2B next February   .....or so I hope!   😮   Will be interesting to say the least, with the new changes that are coming post Covid shut down.  

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

And loaded with misleading information.  😉 

Agree. Could be old CV-19 info or depends on the sail date or embarkation port. We'll just wait until our next cruise to see what the requirements will be for wrist bands (wow bands or tracelet bands). If required we'll wear them just as we would if facemasks are required. Hopefully neither will be required by the time we cruise. This tracelet thing makes me think of house arrest ankle monitors.😵 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

This tracelet thing makes me think of house arrest ankle monitors.😵 

Yeah, if I have to wear that thing, I will.  But I won't wear it walking around in a port.  Nothing screams "tourist" like one of those, or the lanyards, or those tour stickers.  All the "hawkers" look for those things.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think the WOW band rollout whet like they hoped.  I had one on the Symphony TA and it was....ok.

I think the Royal HQ team was expecting a Disney MagicBand experience but didn't realize the amount of infrastructure it took to make that work.

Having to take it off for almost every interaction was inconvenient.  Probably won't get one the next time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kutchyone said:

Can you still turn your old one in from one cruise to get a new one programed for a current cruise?

That worked sometimes before shutdown, but unknown how it will be handled after the restart. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 5:09 PM, karena1 said:

I cannot stand the lanyards.  I have my little pouch purse and I throw my card/phone in there.  Throw that in my beach bag or use it as my purse when off island.  Works perfect. Have never liked the lanyards.

I have to wear a lanyard at work everyday with my ID, so I will not be wearing a lanyard on a vacation.

• Like 2