Appears as though the Jade August sailings are about to get the Gem/Joy treatment.

I had been booked on the Jade (or still am, I guess) since the beginning of the "return to sea" marketing/promo/attempt. It would appear as though the Jade is about to get cancelled at least for the beginning and middle of August since all of the cruises including my 8/8 sailing are showing as completely sold out. I called NCL to ask them if they are frozen, but then was told I was wrong and that they were bookable for my date still. I asked the representative to try and complete a booking, and then she acquiesced and said she wasn't sure what is going on but they are showing as completely sold out for my date (and 7/25 and 8/1). 

Time will tell if this is just a reduced capacity cruise, or if even those of us willing to fly to Greece are unfortunately cancelled as well.  I fully acknowledge that NCL moving the staff from the Joy to the Bliss was not right, and they should not have done it from a customer relations standpoint, but from a business standpoint, I guess it makes sense. I cannot think of the reasoning behind this one, with Greece being fully open to US citizens.

Edited by arianna.capri

Maybe it is just sold out…..there are a lot of people looking to use there FCC and we have been on many cruises that are sold out 6-8 weeks before sailing (especially the ones with more exotic ports)  

🤞

From what I've been told by someone who I really trust, the itin won't be cancelled but the ship is changing to a different ship in the same class. That was as of last week though so maybe it will change next week lol

Edited by ohioNCLcruiser

32 minutes ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

From what I've been told by someone who I really trust, the itin won't be cancelled but the ship is changing to a different ship in the same class. That was as of last week though so maybe it will change next week lol

I hope this is the case! I was all excited to be part of the return to sea experiment, so I hope we sail one way or another.

1 hour ago, arianna.capri said:

Time will tell if this is just a reduced capacity cruise

Last week I was told by a representative at NCL that the 8/8 cruise (which I'm booked on) is running at a 60% capacity.   In light of that, the cruise might be sold out rather than cancelled.  Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Any chances they switch to a larger ship and give me back the Joy I was stripped of? 😋

(I know that’s a no)

1 hour ago, Wren_dc said:

Last week I was told by a representative at NCL that the 8/8 cruise (which I'm booked on) is running at a 60% capacity.   In light of that, the cruise might be sold out rather than cancelled.  Fingers crossed!

Come and join our roll call.  If have, please disregard this message.

3 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Any chances they switch to a larger ship and give me back the Joy I was stripped of? 😋

(I know that’s a no)

9 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

Now all the sailings before 8/29 have disappeared from the site completely. That means tomorrow morning we are going to get an unfortunate email 😕

May not be the case…..our Singapore cruise in 2018 disappeared for months before sailing bc it was sold out….it reappeared briefly after final payment was due as some cabins became available, then promptly disappeared again.

Hope this is the case with your cruise….I am a “glass half full” kind of person!  

• Like 2

What’s weird as well is that they’re no longer offering the BOGO airfare promo for the 8/29 sailing. We’re booked for the 8/29 sailing so I’m hoping it happens but who knows…

I just did a "mock" booking (before the payment section) through both Expedia and Travelocity ... for August 22 (my sailing) and plenty of cabins were available ... very odd!!!

27 minutes ago, babba said:

I just did a "mock" booking (before the payment section) through both Expedia and Travelocity ... for August 22 (my sailing) and plenty of cabins were available ... very odd!!!

... and I noticed that the air fare promotion was not an option ...

57 minutes ago, qdog123 said:

What’s weird as well is that they’re no longer offering the BOGO airfare promo for the 8/29 sailing. We’re booked for the 8/29 sailing so I’m hoping it happens but who knows…

8/29 is now under 90 days away so the option for air is no longer available in the website but in Terms & Conditions it says you can do it for Jade sailings up to 60 days before. If you call them they will manually add it for you. It’s just that the website is only built for the 90 day rule.

Any updates from anyone? I haven’t seen or heard anything new since they disappeared. I really don’t want to call again and be told what I’m seeing isn’t what I’m seeing. I’m hoping they don’t drag their feet on this because I’d like to make other plans for that time off and jump on cheaper airline tickets to other land vacations if they’re going to cancel.

3 hours ago, Alegeeter said:

The Jade 8/22 sailing is back, and several rooms in every category are available so I don’t think it was ever actually ‘sold out.’ 

7/25 8/1 8/8 are all still missing from the site...

Someone in another thread posted that they got an advantage upgrade notification ( to bid on cabins) for their Jade July 25th sailing.  So it still looks promising.

I am feeling a little bit more optimistic about the sailings from Athens for several reasons.

1) If they were going to cancel these cruises, they would have done it already.  

2) The messages that we are getting on NCL do not indicate that the cruises will be cancelled.  Previously, the screen said "cruise on hold"  

3) They have a charter scheduled for August 15th.  It is more difficult to cancel a charter as they probably signed a contract.

4) Two sailings have already made final payment.  We are getting ready to make final payment early next week.

Fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 2