Platinum Lattitudes level complimentary dinners

Fabulous97

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

In Miami, Haven got the nice plush chairs.  Those of us in the Platinum/Plus/Ambassador group got the old chairs.

Boo!!!  I sail a lot, but I don't pay a lot.  That said, whether I sit in a plush chair or an airport chair, I'm pretty sure that once I'm platinum I'll get out of that chair and onto the ship quicker. 😎  I'm projecting Platinum after two more cruises, one if NCL lets me sneak in with 77 points.  We've had reports of this happening.

8 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

My guess is that it was a mistake. No way Platinum trumps Haven.

That’s exactly why I took the pictures.  We usually cruise with my sister and her husband who always buy suites and they were always seated in the exclusive and nicer area of the cruise terminal.  I think a terminal employee made a mistake.

19 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Boo!!!  I sail a lot, but I don't pay a lot.  That said, whether I sit in a plush chair or an airport chair, I'm pretty sure that once I'm platinum I'll get out of that chair and onto the ship quicker. 😎  I'm projecting Platinum after two more cruises, one if NCL lets me sneak in with 77 points.  We've had reports of this happening.

We turned Platinum after our last cruise with 79 points. I believe that if you were a Latitudes member before they changed the points required for each level, they will honor the old point levels. Unfortunately, I don't think Platinum Plus or Ambassador levels existed when we started cruising NCL, so we will have to meet the new point levels from this point on.

47 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

We turned Platinum after our last cruise with 79 points. I believe that if you were a Latitudes member before they changed the points required for each level, they will honor the old point levels. Unfortunately, I don't think Platinum Plus or Ambassador levels existed when we started cruising NCL, so we will have to meet the new point levels from this point on.

Do you recall what the old threshold was for Platinum?  We were members before they changed the tiers and were grandfathered into Gold.

Scratch that.  I just Googled and found this:

rewards-point-structure-1.jpg

Edited by CaptainWoody
  • Like 1

Here's an old thread on the topic of being grandfathered into the old points tiers:

Latitudes Tier Level Mistake - Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Community

If the reports are taken at face value, it doesn't matter if future cruises were booked at the time of the change or not.  If you were in the system under the old tiers, you'll continue to benefit from the older, easier thresholds.

We were grandfathered in to the Platinum Level under the old system too.  Also it was a bit easier to get to the Platinum level under the old system because you could get triple points easier.  As I recall you could get an extra point for each day of a cruise if you booked it more than a year in advance.  Also if it was a Latitudes Insider cruise you could get additional points for that too.  Back in 2016 we took a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise that earned us 21 points.

New Latitudes Points program started circa 2017 (exact change over date ?).

I believe it to be April as I turned Platinum in September that year.

Scored triple points - cruise - Suite - Insider Offer -

NCL Sun, 1203, Ship Positioning YVR-SFO 9/2017. 

10 day cruise - 10 in a suite - 10 insider offer = total 30 points

At that time the booking 9 or more months had gone the way of the wind -

so quad points became a mute issued.

Only recently this past month has the quad point program surfaced and is now gone.

16 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

New Latitudes Points program started circa 2017 (exact change over date ?).

I believe it to be April as I turned Platinum in September that year.

The changes were announced in April 2017 (I was away for the weekend when it was announced, so could check the date). According to an email I sent to someone when the details were announced, the new program started on 3rd Feb 2017.

I was surprised when I booked our Dec cruise on the Bliss over the Memorial Day weekend that NCL was offering extra Latitudes Points.  This will be another 7 day cruise we take that earns 21 points.  The benefits for moving up to Platinum Plus level aren't that impressive so if we should make it to that level some day that's good.  If not, that's OK too.

From 2009 to 2016 We took 6 NCL cruises.  One 16 day which we received double points for and several more longer cruises. We went from gold to platinum on the last one in 2016, a 9 day cruise which took us from 73 points to 82 points so the change was a moot point for us.  We are up to 113, and like the rest of you, it would have been more if not for 2020.  

I agree with those above,  I am not impressed by the additional benefits in platinum plus.  In order of importance for us:  complimentary dinners, laundry, priority embarkation.