Current MSC USA Cancellation Procedure

Homosassa

Here is the newest procedures for newly cancelled cruises:

As circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic continue to evolve, we are constantly monitoring the situation, prioritizing the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit. We are pleased to share that we have made exciting progress in bringing MSC Cruises back to U.S. ports, and we have announced a series of cruises from both Miami and Port Canaveral on board MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina beginning this summer. With these new itineraries in place, we have made the difficult decision to cancel several current voyages on board MSC Divina, MSC Meraviglia and MSC Armonia in order to resume safe and enjoyable cruises for our loyal guests as soon as possible.

The sailings that have been impacted include:
  • MSC Divina cruises with departures from July 1, 2021 through to and including September 15, 2021
  • MSC Meraviglia cruises with departures from July 1, 2021 through to and including September 17, 2021
  • MSC Armonia cruises with departures from July 1, 2021 through to and including October 24, 2021
As one of our guests booked on one of these sailings, we have had to cancel your upcoming booking. Fortunately, you have the unique opportunity to easily rebook on one of MSC Cruises’ first sailings from the U.S. on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina, which will open for sale on June 16, 2021.
GUEST COMPENSATION
If you booked through MSC Cruises USA, we will provide you a 100% Future Cruise Credit of the amount paid to MSC Cruises on your original cruise.
In addition, you will receive an onboard credit to use on your next cruise, based on the length of your original cruise.
  • If your original cruise was 4 nights or less, you will receive $100 onboard credit per stateroom to use on your next cruise. Those booked in a single occupancy stateroom will receive $50 onboard credit per stateroom.
  • If your original cruise was 5 to 14 nights, you will receive $200 onboard credit per stateroom to use on your next cruise. Those booked in a single occupancy stateroom will receive $100 onboard credit per stateroom.
Your onboard credit can be used to enhance your cruise experience with beverage packages, shore excursions, specialty dining, Wi-Fi packages, spa treatments and much more.
Your Future Cruise Credit can be used on any future cruise of your choice – including our brand-new cruises on board MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina resuming this summer, or any ship and any itinerary that is open for sale when you make your new booking. Your new cruise, using your Future Cruise Credit, must be booked by April 30, 2022.
Please consider this email to be your confirmation of your 100% Future Cruise Credit — which is equal to the amount you paid to MSC Cruises — and onboard credit which will be automatically applied to your new cruise at the time of booking. To redeem your FCC and onboard credit, call your travel advisor or MSC Cruises at 866-420-3584 and reference your booking number. For any other expenses that you may have incurred, such as flights, hotels, or transport, please contact your travel advisor or airline.
Due to the extraordinary circumstances related to the pandemic, we are currently processing a high volume of transactions. We appreciate your patience as we aim to process your requests as quickly as possible.
How to Use Your Future Cruise Credit & Onboard Credit
With the Future Cruise Credit and additional onboard credit, you are able to easily rebook on one of MSC Cruises’ first sailings from either Miami or Orlando (Port Canaveral) on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina, which will open for sale on June 16, 2021. Guests have three options when rebooking their new cruise:
  1. If you know what cruise you would like to rebook, you can easily rebook immediately by calling MSC Cruises at 866-337-4309 from June 16, 2021 – July 7, 2021 and apply your 100% FCC and onboard credit.
  2. If you are not sure what cruise you’d like, you can still rebook when you are ready, using your 100% FCC and onboard credit. Bookings can be made beginning July 28, 2021 and must be rebooked by April 30, 2022.
  3. If you prefer to receive a refund, please call our Cruise Consultants at 866-420-3584 from July 28, 2021 – August 28,  2021. At that time, we will deactivate the Future Cruise Credit and process your refund. If you are outside of final payment, and prefer a refund of your deposit, our normal cancellation policies apply.
Additionally, you can enhance your cruise and treat yourself to an add-on that you pre-purchase such as specialty dining, beverage packages, Wi-Fi or spa treatments. As an added level of comfort, if you do not use your Future Cruise Credit by April 30, 2022, we will automatically provide you a full refund equal to the original amount paid.
Please note, while you are in the midst of rebooking your new cruise, your current cruise may be moved to a different date temporarily. This is intentional and allows us to easily and immediately take care of moving your cruise to the new sailing of your choice.
If you booked your cruise with a Future Cruise Credit that you had already received for a previous cancellation, you will receive 100% Future Cruise Credit for the total amount paid on your current booking. Please note that this 100% Future Cruise Credit already includes the compensation provided for previous bookings that were paid in full or outside of final payment. Therefore, no additional shipboard credit applies. The Future Cruise Credit will be good for any future cruise of your choice – including any ship and any itinerary in MSC Cruises’ fleet that is open for sale – as long as it’s booked before April 30, 2022. We hope you choose to sail with MSC Cruises as we resume cruising from Miami and Orlando (Port Canaveral) using your Future Cruise Credit and onboard credit.
We appreciate your understanding and hope to welcome you aboard MSC Cruises as we resume cruising from U.S. ports this summer.
Best,

I just received same email from one of two cruises I have. One Aug 2 and one on Aug 7. The one on Aug 7 was for seven days onMeraviglia and cancelled. One on armonia for four days did not get email.

I'm hoping they end up just switching ships on August 7 since potential same itinerary going forward.

Did anyone get a cancellation from August 7 trip in armonia?

I imagine that there are going to be places on ships where plexiglass will separate passengers or groups of passengers, non-vax areas and other delineations.  And so until all of their ships are re-fitted with those modifications they will be canceling and rescheduling itineraries on a rotation.

I have to say this whole Covid/Cruise thing has been a magnificent metaphor for how toxic humans have become to each other.  Especially in this country.

Edited by MotownVoice

Got email this morning. It seems to imply that the “total” amount paid for the cruise will be made available and that MSC is not dividing out the taxes/fees and returning them to original form of payment. I hope I am reading it correctly. (Still waiting for taxes/fees to be returned from prior cancelled cruises, the days of the 125% cruise credit.)

Having had two honeymoon cruises cancelled with MSC, my son and his wife have decided to just go to Aruba this July.  They were really disapointed to not sail.  They took the future cruise credit on the initial 2020 cruise and applied it to their July 2021 cruise.  They were told that they could receive a credit card refund by their TA.  However, this notice doesn't indicate that will happen.  I wonder??? 

16 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Having had two honeymoon cruises cancelled with MSC, my son and his wife have decided to just go to Aruba this July.  They were really disapointed to not sail.  They took the future cruise credit on the initial 2020 cruise and applied it to their July 2021 cruise.  They were told that they could receive a credit card refund by their TA.  However, this notice doesn't indicate that will happen.  I wonder??? 

They can request a card refund.  They just have to wait until the FFC credit posts.  Then there's a number to call to request that it be changed to a cash credit.

Gotta wait for the FCC though.

Here is the U-S number.  1-866-420-3548

1 hour ago, MotownVoice said:

They can request a card refund.  They just have to wait until the FFC credit posts.  Then there's a number to call to request that it be changed to a cash credit.

Gotta wait for the FCC though.

Here is the U-S number.  1-866-420-3548

That is  good to know.  Their honeymoon has already been delayed by a year.  They were so looking forward to the YC experience.  Hopefully, they will get an opportunity to go again.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, cellfree said:

Got email this morning. It seems to imply that the “total” amount paid for the cruise will be made available and that MSC is not dividing out the taxes/fees and returning them to original form of payment. I hope I am reading it correctly. (Still waiting for taxes/fees to be returned from prior cancelled cruises, the days of the 125% cruise credit.)

Yes, I got a 100% FCC + 200 OBC for the total deposit paid.

Uptil when was 125% FCC given for a MSC cancelled cruise which was paid in full?

Edited by drsel

13 minutes ago, drsel said:

Yes, I got a 100% FCC + 200 OBC for the total deposit paid.

Uptil when was 125% FCC given for a MSC cancelled cruise which was paid in full?

I believe it is just the last round of cancellations that offers the 100% plus $200 OBC. I had a May 1, 2021 cancellation that was announced April 15 that still offered the 125% and for that cruise I did get the FCC of 125% on the fare but still waiting for taxes/fees to show up on cc. So in our case, am satisfied with the 100% and $200 OBC amd not having to wait for the taxes/fees refund. 

16 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I believe it is just the last round of cancellations that offers the 100% plus $200 OBC. I had a May 1, 2021 cancellation that was announced April 15 that still offered the 125% and for that cruise I did get the FCC of 125% on the fare but still waiting for taxes/fees to show up on cc. So in our case, am satisfied with the 100% and $200 OBC amd not having to wait for the taxes/fees refund. 

I would have preferred 125% FCC on the total Cruise fare, if the cruise was paid in full

Edited by drsel

125% was never offered on “total” fare. 125% offer always meant you had to wait for taxes/fees to be refunded to original form of payment which was often a challenge for MSC. 
But perhaps you realize that and are simply suggesting what would work better for you right now. 
What I am finding, regardless of what MSC is offering (or any other cruise line), is that it does not cover the new prices posted on line as I search for replacement cruises. 

1 minute ago, drsel said:

I would have preferred 125% FCC on the total Cruise fare, if the cruise was paid in full

8 minutes ago, cellfree said:

125% was never offered on “total” fare. 125% offer always meant you had to wait for taxes/fees to be refunded to original form of payment which was often a challenge for MSC. 
But perhaps you realize that and are simply suggesting what would work better for you right now. 

What I am finding, regardless of what MSC is offering (or any other cruise line), is that it does not cover the new prices posted on line as I search for replacement cruises. 

You are absolutely right on both counts.

I know that they refund the taxes and port fees to your credit card, but still 25% bonus on the basic fare is a big amount.

Regarding future Cruises being much more expensive, I think Norwegian has increased their prices the most.

They have doubled prices of the 2022 Cruises.

MSC 2022 Cruises have gone up, but not as much.

Edited by drsel

• 7 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 11:45 AM, cellfree said:

I sure wish I had read this 2 months ago. It took me that long to realize that the cancellation letter I'd received (which is identical to what is shown in this thread) and the FCC credit letter I'd received had different info. The FCC credit letter referenced the 125% compensation with the taxes, fees, prepaid, etc refunded. I booked a cruise with the credit months ago, now I realize I didn't get the $200 compensation. I also didn't get the 2 $50 Voyagers Club 5+15% OBC. Back to the phone.