Grand Cayman Closed?

shipstud

46 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25253-carnival-cruise-line-ramps-up-sail-date-updates-by-ship.html

This has the Horizon sailing July 4th out of Miami and visiting Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  I guess it will be interesting to see what happens.

The article must not have been updated because it has Amber Cove, HMC and Bimini on the Carnival site.

Update from Cayman Health Services Authority:

https://www.hsa.ky/public_health/covid-19-briefing-wednesday-16-june-2021/

Premier Panton explained, “There are currently 39,090 persons resident in the Cayman Islands that have received a full dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. This equates to approximately 55 per cent of the population. The goal for herd immunity is to have 70 per cent (49,770) to 80 per cent (56,880) of the population vaccinated.

He said, “The latest medical advice suggests that a target ratio as high as 80 per cent of the population may be necessary to achieve herd immunity. Using 80 per cent of 71,100 provides a target of just under an additional 17,000 people in our population that we need to fully vaccinate. Using 70 per cent of that population number indicates a target of just under an additional 10,000 people that need to be fully vaccinated.”

He revealed that Government’s reopening plan has tourism arrivals beginning in mid-September.

We may be cruising to GC yet.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2021 at 2:08 PM, Love being Mimi said:

I'm doing a B2B.  When do they tell you?  I hope this doesn't mean I'm going the same places both times

Better check on B2B as I saw on another board that CDC is not allowing B2B.  Hope that's not true.

2 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

That restriction went away so B2B and cruises longer than 7 days are allowed.

Interesting as poster said two Alaska sailings (7 days each) back to back and they were notified on 6/12 that CDC said no.  Wonder if this has this been changed since 6/12 when posted?  Hope so.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, sanmarcosman said:

Bimini? No one has visited there since Adam Clayton Powell  🙂 

Very good, sanmaracosman. LOL I wonder how many were old enough to have gotten that. 🙂

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

Interesting as poster said two Alaska sailings (7 days each) back to back and they were notified on 6/12 that CDC said no.  Wonder if this has this been changed since 6/12 when posted?  Hope so.

Alaska has different rules so it might not be allowed for those sailings but they're allowing b2b's out of Galveston and Houston in July.  Carnival sent out an email on 5/22 saying that cruises longer than 7 days were approved by the CDC.

Edited by regoodwinjr