Thermal Spa Passes - Online?

Laszlo

I have a cruise booked for May 8th on the BA.  When looking at the Thermal Suite Spa Pass it says:

It is too early to book this item for your cruise. Please check back 01/08/2022 to book.

So, for me at least, it looks like I can book a spa pass online if I wait long enough.  The prices aren't posted but will be when available to book.  

Enjoy

spa-thermal-suite-breakaway-680x330.jpg

Thermal Suite Pass

DETAILS

UNLIMITED
Duration

The Thermal Suite is a passage toward ultimate relaxation. Based on the concept of Turkish baths, where friends and family spent the day relaxing, the heat and cleansing therapies of our Thermal Suite experience include heated ceramic lounge chairs, a Thalasso Therapy Pool, hot tubs, steam room, sauna, and tropical rain showers. Different herbal steam and sauna grottos cleanse the body with gentle heat while a therapeutic heated-water pool bubbling effect will wash away stiff and sore joints. Take a dip in the Vitality Pool or enjoy a warm waterfall cascading onto your shoulders. Heated chaise lounges and tropical shower features make this both a relaxing and cleansing experience. Immerse yourself in The Salt Room, a modern alternative to Salt Caves, long renowned in Europe for their salutary properties.

• Thanks 1

I originally made the mistake of thinking we could use the spa if we had services booked, which is not the case!  I missed out on the $20 discount for purchasing before the cruise.  Never again.  We always buy the spa week package.  Several cruises, there have not been daily passes available because the spa is sold out.  Different ships have different amenities in the spa.....I am a big fan of the heated loungers.  I don't think Sky even has a spa and I think I have read on here that Joy does not either.

I venture to say that CoVID will wreak havoc on the initial spa visitation when ships begin to sail again, as many amenities may be limited or totally unavailable.

I have noted significant differences in prices for the spa week package, also.  Even between ships where the amenities are basically the same.  If I remember correctly, Encore's was pretty pricey.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, Laszlo said:

When do the spa passes open up (online for the Gem)

Thanks

Laszlo you might want to double check the size and scope of the spa on the Gem...I might be wrong (Usually am 😉 ) But I am thinking that the facilities for the Spa (as in Thermal Suite) are quite limited.

9 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Laszlo you might want to double check the size and scope of the spa on the Gem...I might be wrong (Usually am 😉 ) But I am thinking that the facilities for the Spa (as in Thermal Suite) are quite limited.

Thanks, been on the Gem twice, its a nice size. Actually prefer the Jewel class ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Thanks, been on the Gem twice, its a nice size. Actually prefer the Jewel class ships.

No problem my friend...I just wasn't sure (I have only been in the spas on the bigger ships)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Just a quick follow up Laszlo....I wasn't referring to the size of the Gem itself...but rather the size and scope of the amenities in the spa on the Gem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

Just a quick follow up Laszlo....I wasn't referring to the size of the Gem itself...but rather the size and scope of the amenities in the spa on the Gem.

Got you, the Gem has a really nice thermal spa considering its half the size of the BA, Escape etc....  We are doing sizing on ships. Going on the Oceania Rivera in January......  1200 pax

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Got you, the Gem has a really nice thermal spa considering its half the size of the BA, Escape etc....  We are doing sizing on ships. Going on the Oceania Rivera in January......  1200 pax

OK Cool Got Ya!

We are hoping to do a 7 day (not my favorite at all) on Breakaway end of September to Bermuda...We'll see if that happens or not! Nothing against Bermuda (it's actually one of our most favorite islands) but we would much rather do 14 day Winter Cruises out of NYC....nothing there yet.

Edited by Red-Sol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Red-Sol said:

OK Cool Got Ya!

We are hoping to do a 7 day (not my favorite at all) on Breakaway end of September to Bermuda...We'll see if that happens or not! Nothing against Bermuda (it's actually one of our most favorite islands) but we would much rather do 14 day Winter Cruises out of NYC....nothing there yet.

We booked the Getaway January 2023, its a 12 day out of NYC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

We booked the Getaway January 2023, its a 12 day out of NYC. 

That's getting closer! My guess is that there won't be any normal 14 day cruises scheduled until after things settle down more...and then hopefully some will appear. Hey as long as Florida remains obstinate about vaccine requirements maybe there will be hope that NYC can capture more.

• Like 1