First time cruising with my cPap

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I snore, maybe I should check this out!

Piece of mind would be a great thing.  An overnight test can be done at a sleep center or at your own home with a take hone kit.  You would need to find out which way would be covered by your insurance.  Some people prefer the take home because you obviously sleep better in your own bed.

My ex girlfriend from about 20 years ago who was a nurse diagnosed me and possibly saved my life.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:24 PM, SNJCruisers said:

The reason that you "should" use distilled water is because all of the impurities have been removed and no residue will accumulate in your water chamber. 

Have had a CPap for almost 20 years and used distilled back in the day when it was dirt cheap and I didn't know better.  My tap water causes slight accumulation in the water chamber.  When I had a passover type, I just opened it and ran it through the dishwasher to remove the slight build up.  Now, with a built in chamber I just clean it with an old toothbrush. 

Best thing that happened to me was a ex girlfriend who diagnosed me when I crashed at her place.  It's  a shame that ex NFL player Reggie White wasn't diagnosed before he died.

Wow, this is a common theme.  I knew I *snored*, but didn't know I would actually stop breathing until an ex-girlfriend was like, "Hey, Don Kehote, you like...die a lot in your sleep."  The life change after getting the CPAP was just incredible for me.  Felt better, could think better, wasn't slapping my own face driving home at the end of the day.

I've used tap from the start.  If I don't run it dry, it doesn't seem to get any mineral buildup at all.  I just clean it regularly (as anyone should, regardless of what kind of water you use), change filters, and every now and again I give it a white vinegar soak - just to be sure.

CPAP POSSE REPRESENT

On 6/25/2021 at 4:52 PM, mar214 said:

Yes, kelkel2. You can order the water to be delivered to your room. It used to be around $3. A true ship bargain!!

Have even had my cabin attendant bring a gallon to me for free.  If not, a 10 day cruise will not harm your cpap using tap water from the bathroom....it's even filtered for free.  

On 6/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, SNJCruisers said:

They need to verify concerning oxygen beforehand since anyone on oxygen is not allowed to cruise because of Covid.  

I realize the restrictions on oxygen now but they have always checked me way before COVID