Freedom Venues Vaccinated/Unvaccinated Rules Spelled Out

9 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Not really. There are 5 of us traveling, and we got a great deal on this with KSF. If I switch, I'll lose a lot of money. 

As you can get a refund as things stand now, you may want to do just that. It's not worth the worry. Just one humble Mom/ CRNP opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J9sling said:

You make a great point and certainly make a case for why parents should not cruise with their children right now. My guess is that the cruise line is focusing their attention on the desired passenger, the vaccinated one. They are not prohibiting children but they are not catering to them. I wouldn’t bring children on a cruise right now just for this reason. No matter what, unvaccinated children and adults are much more likely to spread the virus.   

I'd rather they just ban kids, than put them at higher risk and just hope parents cancel under poor terms. If they banned kids, and offered full refunds or extended FCC it'd make easier for parents. I booked my October cruise 15 months ago, before the CSO, and before anyone knew the children's vaccine was going to take a year longer than the adults. My only choice now would be to take a FCC that wouldn't even work for a sailing next October.

Still think a decent option is to not force kids to be in close contact with unvaxed adults. I really don't mind if they have to have their own sections away from the completely vaxed people, but don't intentionally put them in a higher risk situation, or start offering refunds or lift and shifts. And maybe Royal will attempt to segregate the unvaxed adults from the kids in the MDR and theater, we'll see.

But considering I live in a backwards state that has banned vaccine requirements for schools and teachers and banned any health measures for next school year, my daughter is probably still safer on the cruise ship than she would be at school that week.

Edited by OSUZorba
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

As you can get a refund as things stand now, you may want to do just that. It's not worth the worry. Just one humble Mom/ CRNP opinion.

if I get a refund for this L&S cruise ($1,600 for 3 of us and $1,600 for my parents) and have to rebook for 2023 at a full price - it would be over $3,500 for 3 of us and $2,500 for my parents. That's a huge difference. We have time till November to decide.

9 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

Still think a decent option is to not force kids to be in close contact with unvaxed adults. I really don't mind if they have to have their own sections away from the completely vaxed people, but don't intentionally put them in a higher risk situation, or start offering refunds or lift and shifts.

I agree.

yikes. Our state is definitely not doing well in that regard either, but at least my county had mass vaccination dates for the teachers and encouraged them to get vaxxed in early spring. I think most were vaccinated.

Some rural county decided to vaccinate their teachers first, so the state took away that particular site's vaccination privileges. That county is so poor, kids couldn't even do remote schooling because they don't have internet at home, let alone devices. So, they had to either do school in person, or not do school at all. Backward state, indeed.

9 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

But considering I live in a backwards state that has banned vaccine requirements for schools and teachers and banned any health measures for next school year, my daughter is probably still safer on the cruise ship than she would be at school that week.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy