Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

2 hours ago, cinbeach said:

Was told yesterday that 75% was the number they were hoping for but had not booked nearly close to that.  I join the July 28 cruise - have sailed SS for over 20 years.

We will also embark the Moon on July 28 and have been told by a SS rep today that they are expecting 350-400 guests on our cruise which would be an almost 100% increase in passenger numbers compared to all the Moon cruises before which is very surprising. I don't know why this is, but maybe one reason could be a lot of (former) Seabourn guests from the UK having transferred their booking over to Silversea at short notice because Seabourn would not allow them to travel on the Ovation at this moment? Also there might be more officials/press/bloggers/influencers, etc. on board, because this itinerary now contains the naming ceremony. It's just a guess. In any case, 400 passengers would already come close to the envisaged goal of 75% capacity. Any thoughts on that?

On 7/5/2021 at 6:16 AM, FLRI said:

Greetings,

I have been lurking on these boards for years, finally signed up and signed in so I could post. I have cruised on Silversea A LOT. It’s my favorite cruise line and can’t wait to be on the Moon!!!

I’ll be on this voyage as well. Leave tomorrow (Tuesday) for ATH.

Thanks so much for all the info and helpful hints!

Do you know if the meet and mingle will be listed in the Chronicle?

See you onboard!

Hi FLRI,  sorry we never met.........hope you had a good cruise🙂..... I thought about you especially when I saw you post on here while we were sailing.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:41 PM, Doolz said:

I noted from the earlier comments that the average number of guests on the first two cruises was close to 200, what is SS policy in regards to the maximum amount of passengers and has it gradually started to increase or is this number just based on demand? 

The current voyage has about 250 guests onboard.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

The current voyage has about 250 guests onboard.

Hi, that is less than what I was told.......they said they were expecting 300. Must have changed.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, that is less than what I was told.......they said they were expecting 300. Must have changed.

Sure: UK passengers who were booked and then barred from travel on Seabourn. 

11 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Sure: UK passengers who were booked and then barred from travel on Seabourn. 

Huh? Not sure I understand your post. I was just talking about what I was told......that the cruise going now they were expecting about 300 guests.

@Lois R  Sorry, I mixed up which forum I was posting on. Seabourn's sudden decision not allow passengers from the UK on for several weeks would have resulted in an unexpected drop in passenger count for the late July cruises... on Seabourn, not on the Moon. 

7 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@Lois R  Sorry, I mixed up which forum I was posting on. Seabourn's sudden decision not allow passengers from the UK on for several weeks would have resulted in an unexpected drop in passenger count for the late July cruises... on Seabourn, not on the Moon. 

Ahhh....ok, thanks for the clarification🙂