Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

On 7/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate the great comments and updates from Lois.  Very helpful and interesting.  Keep it coming!! 

WOW!!  With only 200 guests on the ship, that makes things super wonderful.  Not crowded and/or congested.  Easy to get staff help with that type of ratio.  Wonder if operating at one-third capacity will be the "NEW NORMAL" for the upcoming months during this post-Covid re-opening period??  Any guesses as to the "passenger mix" between those from the U.S. versus from the UK, Europe, etc.  Any on-ship entertainment?

Nice to hear that SALT worked well.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 242,231 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Terry

I honestly don't know the passenger breakdown.  I have chatted with folks from England, Sweden, Germany and Spain along with various parts of The USA

On 7/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, bobolz said:

Thanks Lois for  sharing your experience with all of us anxious cruisers. I’m glad you are enjoying your cruise, albeit some issues with the touring phone app and the bar seating restrictions. That is a shame especially for solo travelers. That’s how we met one of those solo travelers on our last cruise. We chatted at the bar and then saw him  

later seated by himself at dinner and asked him to join us. It was a very enjoyable evening. 

Interesting that there are only 200 guests on board still. I checked with the Silversea agent and he said our cruise in less than 2 months will be at 75% capacity. If the UK lifts travel restrictions by then. Crossing my fingers.

assume no reported positive tests? How about formal nights. When did you find out about those? Also when did they ticket your flights for this cruise? Still nothing on either one of these fronts for our upcoming cruise. Maybe they are waiting for official lifting of restrictions b4 updating mySilversea .

if you could share the Atlantide and Indochine menus that would be great too.

once again thanks so much for taking time out of your cruise to answer our questions! 

Enjoy! 

Hi Formal nights are listed in the Chronicles

First one was 2 nights ago which would be Friday. 2nd one is later in the week

As for my flight ticket? I would have to look back for you when I get home. I know I booked the cruise the first week it opened up which was April 16, I think and I believe I got my flights late April or sometime in May. 

And I have not heard anything about positive tests. And yes, they still take your temp every morning.

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry   I honestly don't know the passenger breakdown.  I have chatted with folks from England, Sweden, Germany and Spain along with various parts of The USA

Super appreciate ALL of the follow-ups and details from Lois as you sail the Greek islands.  Glad to know that you have a nice mix of international passengers.  For us, that is one of the great joys for sailing with Silversea.  Love meeting and learning more from that wonderful variety of passengers and staff.  

SPECIAL ORDERS?:  Done any unique requests for food in the dining room?  That's another "treat" when sailing with Silversea, letting them know a day ahead as to our special dining desires.  For me on our 2019 Silver Muse, it was having the seared scallops one night and later having Beef Wellington.  Both were awesome!!!  Don't be shy with your requests for the staff.  They love to rise to the situation and perform at the highest level, showing off their super skills.  

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 233,612 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Sitting on my balcony and the breeze is lovely and not too hot today. Did a tour today and no headphones were needed for anyone. Bus tour with 22 people and the guide was great😁 this is in Patmos. Tomorrow we are in Rhodes and I will just walk around.

Went to Terrazza last night and it was soooooo good😀

Tonight I am eating at The Grill.

Having a great time, sans missing the bars LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Super appreciate ALL of the follow-ups and details from Lois as you sail the Greek islands.  Glad to know that you have a nice mix of international passengers.  For us, that is one of the great joys for sailing with Silversea.  Love meeting and learning more from that wonderful variety of passengers and staff.  

SPECIAL ORDERS?:  Done any unique requests for food in the dining room?  That's another "treat" when sailing with Silversea, letting them know a day ahead as to our special dining desires.  For me on our 2019 Silver Muse, it was having the seared scallops one night and later having Beef Wellington.  Both were awesome!!!  Don't be shy with your requests for the staff.  They love to rise to the situation and perform at the highest level, showing off their super skills.  

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 233,612 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

Terry, they made me Surf & Turf in SALT which is not on the menu but the dishes are listed separately. I wanted to try both and they were happy to do it.

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Sitting on my balcony and the breeze is lovely and not too hot today. Tomorrow we are in Rhodes and I will just walk around.   Having a great time, sans missing the bars LOL

Terry, they made me Surf & Turf in SALT which is not on the menu but the dishes are listed separately. I wanted to try both and they were happy to do it.

Great, Lois, that you were creative at SALT in getting the Surf & Turf, even when it was not on the menu in that way.  As I mentioned, that's a big plus with Silversea in allowing you to be "inventive" for getting your "special wishes":

You'll have fun just "WALKING AROUND IN RHODES".  Below are a few preview visuals for the history, character, charm, etc., in Rhodes.  Lots of interesting sights and sites there.  

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 68,619 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

From our November 2018 visit to Rhodes, here are a few samples for what is there to see and experience as you walk around and soak up the history there.  Good luck!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

CMY_7094.thumb.jpeg.7edc90a7a8510445122ffbb6cad2f74d.jpeg

CMY_7081.thumb.jpeg.9f2e82f50684a392c553cf57d7a80c93.jpeg

CMY_7092.thumb.jpeg.cb7d3444d1f163a6d8be1729f9352ef9.jpeg

CMY_7048.thumb.jpeg.b74f94a94b1f70857f973524ea3bf0f4.jpeg

• Like 2

Great reports from the moon. Thanks Lois,and others who’ve contributed. Strange about not sitting at the bar. I was over at the Seabourn Ovation board, and they can sit at the bar. I guess each line has to do what corporate medical advisers deems necessary .It’s nice to just know there are people cruising again !  

• Like 1

Hi friends. We have a sea day today and all guests are having the covid test today.

I want to say the crew have all been wonderful during this challenging time. And someone mentioned that Seabourn pax can sit at the bars? I spoke with the Hotel Director about that at dinner last night and he said if that ship is here in the med? It is these rules from EU and CDC that SS is following. It is not how close each guest is to one another but the distance between the bartender and the guest. Maybe Seabourn has more space, I don't know

But these rules are not SS rules.

They are coming from higher authority and yes we have all been faxed but they are doing what they are told to do.

Maybe in the Carribean things are more lax

Who knows.

Still having a lovely time and going to Silver Note for dinner tonight. Elaine, will pass along your good wishes😀

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends. We have a sea day today and all guests are having the covid test today.  I want to say the crew have all been wonderful during this challenging time.  Still having a lovely time and going to Silver Note for dinner tonight. 

Appreciate Lois' great updates, comments and follow-ups.  Keep it coming!! Wonderful sharing.  

Here are a couple of quick questions as you enjoy your sea-day.  How was your visit to Rhodes, how did it work off and back on the ship, etc.?  Is there a speaker and/or enrichment program for this sailing?  How about for the evening entertainment, Silversea singers, etc.??  Happening or not?

Athens & Greece: Many visuals, details from two visits in a city with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 40,055 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

54 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Say hello to Tayfun, he is called typhoon!

He is in charge of La Terrazza!

Delightful young man with a great sense of humor.

Hi Spins, what do they know you by? Dr and Mrs Spins? (I would pass on your good wishes...I know him too😀)....but not sure how you are addressed.

14 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate Lois' great updates, comments and follow-ups.  Keep it coming!! Wonderful sharing.  

Here are a couple of quick questions as you enjoy your sea-day.  How was your visit to Rhodes, how did it work off and back on the ship, etc.?  Is there a speaker and/or enrichment program for this sailing?  How about for the evening entertainment, Silversea singers, etc.??  Happening or not?

Athens & Greece: Many visuals, details from two visits in a city with great history, culture and architecture.  Now at 40,055 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101008

Hi Terry, we docked in Rhodes...easy peasy......walked up to the main area and around to that first Archway......then wait for the light to change and cross the  street into the plaza area.......walked around there......needed to get my watchband fixed and found the nicest couple and they fixed it for free😃

Bought a new pair of blue opal and silver earrings.

The only enrichment I can think of are the SALT demonstrations.......yummy food being cooked.😀

Enriching my tummy LOL

Guest Lecturers? There are a couple who discuss parts of Greece but I didn't attend.....found out one was today about Cyprus and one was about Photography........Don't know about how anything went.......their names are The Flemings.

Singers and Dancers...6 of them.......pretty good.....they did the Bohemian Rapsody Tribute last night......love those songs.😀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Someone mentioned that Seabourn pax can sit at the bars? I spoke with the Hotel Director about that at dinner last night and he said... it is these rules from EU and CDC that SS is following. It is not how close each guest is to one another but the distance between the bartender and the guest. Maybe Seabourn has more space, I don't know. But these rules are not SS rules. They are coming from higher authority.

2 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Lois, the Seabourn Ovation is down there in Greece with you . I guess more distance

Or perhaps different interpretations of the rules? I doubt a bar is significantly deeper on the Seabourn Ovation than the Moon. 😉

Seabourn's Caribbean cruises haven't begun yet; the first one embarks this Sunday, I believe, so we'll have to wait to get reports from there. 

7 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Or perhaps different interpretations of the rules? I doubt a bar is significantly deeper on the Seabourn Ovation than the Moon. 😉

Seabourn's Caribbean cruises haven't begun yet; the first one embarks this Sunday, I believe, so we'll have to wait to get reports from there. 

R

If you look on the Seabourn Sailors Facebook site there is a topic which was started by a lady dated ‘July 3rd‘ about the Ovation sailing the Greek Isles at the moment. Read the comments and it touches on onboard protocols, nothing yet on bar stools but it's mask-less for passengers.  The crew are wearing them but apparently it's an experiment and could be discontinued soon.

For us that's certainly a positive and I'm sure Silversea will be closely monitoring the situation.

MM

Hi Spins, what do they know you by? Dr and Mrs Spins? (I would pass on your good wishes...I know him too😀)....but not sure how you are addressed.

Hahhhahhha.

He sure doesn’t know me by that moniker.

I momentarily forgot we post here under the nom de plume.

I will just skip the hello. 

I can’t think of a way to do it without divulging my identity.

Glad to hear you are enjoying.

I think that Silversea has gone to great lengths to make the return to cruising as close to what it was pre covid.

And where they could not( whether by fiat from the CDC or the EU), they have developed protocols to keep people safe, both crew and pax.

• Like 3

Guest Lecturers? There are a couple who discuss parts of Greece but I didn't attend.....found out one was today about Cyprus and one was about Photography........Don't know about how anything went.......their names are The Flemings.

The Flemings are great and are generally on the World Cruise.  Whenever possible, I attend their lectures regarding places to be visited.  They are Brits and have a wonderful, dry sense of humor. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Observer said:

The Flemings are great and are generally on the World Cruise.  Whenever possible, I attend their lectures regarding places to be visited.  They are Brits and have a wonderful, dry sense of humor. 

Are the they same couple who have a blog that is fairly well known?

14 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Are the they same couple who have a blog that is fairly well known?

Yes! 
We sailed with them one segment of World Cruise - they are great - very personable - very well traveled - very approachable - Tracy is excellent photographer who gives classes - don't miss a chance to connect with them.

11 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Hahhhahhha.

He sure doesn’t know me by that moniker.

I momentarily forgot we post here under the nom de plume.

I will just skip the hello. 

I can’t think of a way to do it without divulging my identity.

Glad to hear you are enjoying.

I think that Silversea has gone to great lengths to make the return to cruising as close to what it was pre covid.

And where they could not( whether by fiat from the CDC or the EU), they have developed protocols to keep people safe, both crew and pax.

Hi Spins😀I passed along your hello and I thought your last name might be Spinnaker so that is what I used. He said he knows you😁

Elaine, I also passed your hello to the folks in Silver Note and Kiki almost started to cry. She was very happy to hear from you😆

I am doing a tour in Limassol today....this afternoon.

I forgot one VERY important thing......the SALT BAR.😃 It has become my favorite venue😀..it is quite small but does have seats to sit in (without sitting at the bar itself)...........and the wonderful potables are made by a fantastic bartender named Carlos who is from Spain. The drinks in in this venue are from the region you sail in......example, he uses MANY Greek gins and I was never a big gin person before this cruise.......ahem.......love it now😁.   Carlos's side kick is Shray from Goa, India. Both guys are extremely nice and all I can say is....once these seat restrictions are lifted, if this bar is on one of my upcoming sailings, I will be there every night.😃.....the drinks on the menu are very different and if you don't like one? Just try something else LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1