Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

I am down to single digits: 9 days and counting till sail date........7 to flying out to Athens.  Hoping for a wonderful experience on a brand new ship🙂.....whatever protocols we have to follow, I plan on having a great time.  Will try and answer questions as well.  One week from today I fly out😃

• Like 9

Hi Spins, thanks so much😃.....it is exciting to me.  I know the last time I sailed on a brand new ship was back in 2008 when Celebrity came out with their S class ships. I was invited to the 2 night Pre-Inaugural Sailing for Solstice🙂. That was pretty cool.

• Like 1

So glad that you have this opportunity.  I'm counting the days (and checking the constantly changing rules of the six countries included) to our mid-September cruise!  Every successful cruise post from now on is not only great for the poster but uplifting for all of us!  Bon voyage 🛳️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So glad that you have this opportunity.  I'm counting the days (and checking the constantly changing rules of the six countries included) to our mid-September cruise!  Every successful cruise post from now on is not only great for the poster but uplifting for all of us!  Bon voyage 🛳️

Hi Jazz, thanks so much🙂.  I am really looking forward to it!

19 hours ago, travelingbagheera said:

Have a wonderful time Lois!  I am positive it will be wonderful. I will love hearing all about your trip.  We have a long time until we embark on The Moon. I will live vicariously through others until then. Safe travels. 

Thank you😃.......I think I will pinch myself a couple of times once I board that ship😉........I know everyone has their own views/opinions on what has happened to the world over the past year and 1/2. Time is such a funky thing....18 months of basically doing........I don't want to say nothing but for me, it has been much of that.  My retirement came in Dec 2019 and the "BIG RETIREMENT TRIP" was supposed to take place in April 2020......30 day trip...of course that went into Covidland. 😮 and I was hospitalized 3 times last year (NOT from Covid).  So quite a year.👎

Now it is June 2021......let us hope things go smoother for all of us.  8 days to sailing and 6 to fly out to Athens.  My health is better👍 and ready to sail!!!!

• Like 11

Lois you will be pampered and enjoy.

Just be prepared for the heat.

Today it is 95.7.

Like Florida but hotter!!!

I think many of us aboard are also pinching ourselves too.

Much to appreciate about life and live in the moment.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois you will be pampered and enjoy.

Just be prepared for the heat.

Today it is 95.7.

Like Florida but hotter!!!

I think many of us aboard are also pinching ourselves too.

Much to appreciate about life and live in the moment.

Hi Spins.......thanks for the temperature update. I don't usually travel with a hat but will bring one 

for this trip. Especially for excursions.   

And will take all that pampering too😃

Hi Jazz, I googled Tilley Hats......OMG............$90.00 for a hat? I will find something for  much less than that amount.  

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thank you😃.......I think I will pinch myself a couple of times once I board that ship😉........I know everyone has their own views/opinions on what has happened to the world over the past year and 1/2. Time is such a funky thing....18 months of basically doing........I don't want to say nothing but for me, it has been much of that.  My retirement came in Dec 2019 and the "BIG RETIREMENT TRIP" was supposed to take place in April 2020......30 day trip...of course that went into Covidland. 😮 and I was hospitalized 3 times last year (NOT from Covid).  So quite a year.👎

Now it is June 2021......let us hope things go smoother for all of us.  8 days to sailing and 6 to fly out to Athens.  My health is better👍 and ready to sail!!!!

Lois - On your flight are you required to get a Covid Test or just Show you Vaccine Card - especially when you land in Athens?

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Jazz, I googled Tilley Hats......OMG............$90.00 for a hat? I will find something for  much less than that amount.  

I bought a Tilley Hat and I love it.  It's worth the money.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cinbeach said:

Lois - On your flight are you required to get a Covid Test or just Show you Vaccine Card - especially when you land in Athens?

Just a vaccination card. No covid test is needed.  You need to fill out the PLF that the Greek Government is asking for as well.  Did you ask me about this a couple of weeks ago? Or was that someone else?  Greece is not requiring a test if you have been vaccinated and all SS guests are required to be vaxxed so it is all good😃

28 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I bought a Tilley Hat and I love it.  It's worth the money.  

As long as I have a hat on my head? I will be fine. I don't feel the need to spend that kind of $ for a hat.   I found a cute hat at Ross and it will do just fine👍....and it is not close to that amount of $$$.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Enjoy every moment! We definitely miss traveling but hopefully our next overseas adventure is not too far away.

25 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Enjoy every moment! We definitely miss traveling but hopefully our next overseas adventure is not too far away.

Hi JP, I am always happy to hear from you. Thank you for the good wishes🙂

When are you planning to cruise again?

20 minutes ago, Lois R said:

When are you planning to cruise again?

September on Ponant, to use our FCC from November 2020. 7 days around Corsica. Should be nice and quiet!

And hopefully also Silver Spirit in November. Slowly making our way to the "big" ships! So, not too far away.

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

September on Ponant, to use our FCC from November 2020. 7 days around Corsica. Should be nice and quiet!

And hopefully also Silver Spirit in November. Slowly making our way to the "big" ships! So, not too far away.

As a New Yorker, you can force Ponant to give you cash back if this one falls through.  My TA threatened them with the NYS Atty General and they caved right away. 😉

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I found a cute hat at Ross and it will do just fine👍

Recognizing that my recent purchase of an Iowa Hawkeyes baseball cap may not work for our next cruise, I went exploring on Amazon and found Wallaroo hats for a compromise kind of price.  The company is based in Colorado, home state of several cruise critic denizens.  Anyone know anything about them?  Worth 50 bucks?

BTW, the Wusthof carving knife recommended some time ago by our kindly doc is now a family treasure.  🙂

• Like 1

Enjoy your trip Lois. 🥂🥂🥂
We don’t have anything booked till 2023!  
We should be allowed to leave Australia well before then we hope.  We will look forward to hearing about your days aboard.