Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I used to live in Jupiter FL. I also still own an investment property there and my daughter rents from me.

I came to CO initially to get out of the Summer heat. Now, I am here full time. 

You live in a lovely part of FL. :))

We are very fortunate to live in Jupiter - we absolutely love it.  We live in an area with thousands of acres of private preserves and wildlife.  We used to have a home in Carbondale Colorado and loved having both Florida and Colorado.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cinbeach said:

We are very fortunate to live in Jupiter - we absolutely love it.  We live in an area with thousands of acres of private preserves and wildlife.  We used to have a home in Carbondale Colorado and loved having both Florida and Colorado.

I'm just a few miles away from you in Palm Beach Gardens 🙂.    OK, back to the topic at hand. 

Lois - you are in final countdown to departure for your cruise.  Hope you have the most amazing time!

Well, 2 more days but I haven't packed anything yet.......I did pull out the luggage though!  I may start this afternoon but in any event, will do most everything tomorrow.🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Well, 2 more days but I haven't packed anything yet.......I did pull out the luggage though!  I may start this afternoon but in any event, will do most everything tomorrow.🙂

I'd be a nervous wreck if I waited this long to begin packing!  I dislike packing.  Thus, I start several days before departure and do a bit until "I have had enough for the day".  

I am sure you will be doing this packing with heightened anticipation as to what is to come!  

• Like 1

Hi,  packing has never bothered me one way or the other.  And I had most of my stuff already out on the bed in the spare room.  Actually,  I just finished!..........albeit the toiletries and that stuff will go in before I leave Tuesday.  But the majority of all the clothing is packed.🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I'd be a nervous wreck if I waited this long to begin packing!  I dislike packing.  Thus, I start several days before departure and do a bit until "I have had enough for the day".  

I am sure you will be doing this packing with heightened anticipation as to what is to come!  

That’s pretty much my packing routine…you have to allow time to remember the things you forgot!  Although a list sure helps.  Then the final step is to take out half and leave it behind!

• Like 2

That is what makes everyone different😃. I have never made a packing list. And for a cruise like this one? Everything is pretty lightweight...........Greece is HOT now.

Greetings,

I have been lurking on these boards for years, finally signed up and signed in so I could post. I have cruised on Silversea A LOT. It’s my favorite cruise line and can’t wait to be on the Moon!!!

I’ll be on this voyage as well. Leave tomorrow (Tuesday) for ATH.

Thanks so much for all the info and helpful hints!

Do you know if the meet and mingle will be listed in the Chronicle?

See you onboard!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FLRI said:

Greetings,

I have been lurking on these boards for years, finally signed up and signed in so I could post. I have cruised on Silversea A LOT. It’s my favorite cruise line and can’t wait to be on the Moon!!!

I’ll be on this voyage as well. Leave tomorrow (Tuesday) for ATH.

Thanks so much for all the info and helpful hints!

Do you know if the meet and mingle will be listed in the Chronicle?

See you onboard!

Hi🙂....I fly out tomorrow too.   I started a roll call for this sailing but nobody signed up over there.......if you want to come say hello?.....but in any event,  maybe we will see each other on board.  I don't think there will be enough people to have an "official" meet and greet....but since you have sailed with them a lot, you know they offer pre-dinner cocktails for solo guests.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi🙂....I fly out tomorrow too.   I started a roll call for this sailing but nobody signed up over there.......if you want to come say hello?.....but in any event,  maybe we will see each other on board.  I don't think there will be enough people to have an "official" meet and greet....but since you have sailed with them a lot, you know they offer pre-dinner cocktails for solo guests.

Yes and yes. I will be traveling solo. Husband had some work issues come up and can’t make it. Are you traveling solo?

On 7/2/2021 at 4:31 PM, cinbeach said:

I was best man at a friends wedding who emigrated to Jupiter nearly 20 years ago. Have visited several times. Nice location.

51 minutes ago, FLRI said:

Yes and yes. I will be traveling solo. Husband had some work issues come up and can’t make it. Are you traveling solo?

Hi, yes....it is the only way I travel😃

1 minute ago, spinnaker2 said:

It was 97 today.

Just fyi.

Safe travels all.

You will have a fabulous cruise.

I just got some new sunscreen👍.....and once again Spins, thanks for all your updates. It really is appreciated.   I will be sitting in the shade A LOT........🙂

20 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

That’s pretty much my packing routine…you have to allow time to remember the things you forgot!  Although a list sure helps.  Then the final step is to take out half and leave it behind!

For too long, I made a new list for each cruise I took.  Suddenly, the "light bulb" came on and I started keeping my packing list.  I adjust it for the length of the cruise; the weather anticipated; but, I have the basic list which helps to prevent me from forgetting an essential item.  

I wear a tux on most formal nights.  I am always concerned to make certain that I have packed my set of studs/cuff links as well as a bow tie or two otherwise, how can I wear my formal shirts that require all of the three?  Those items are checked and rechecked, etc.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

I just got some new sunscreen👍.....and once again Spins, thanks for all your updates. It really is appreciated.   I will be sitting in the shade A LOT........🙂

Lois - Have a wonderful flight - please post about your Flight tomorrow and what you needed to get on the plane - just a Vaccine Card and The Form -or something else

Thanks Cindy

23 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

For too long, I made a new list for each cruise I took.  Suddenly, the "light bulb" came on and I started keeping my packing list.  I adjust it for the length of the cruise; the weather anticipated; but, I have the basic list which helps to prevent me from forgetting an essential item.  

I wear a tux on most formal nights.  I am always concerned to make certain that I have packed my set of studs/cuff links as well as a bow tie or two otherwise, how can I wear my formal shirts that require all of the three?  Those items are checked and rechecked, etc.  

On my list I include the clothes I plan to wear outbound and on the return so those pieces can coordinate with what I carry.  I have lists for type of trip planned - beach, city, cruise, Airbnb, etc…also a list for what I carry on in an accessible bag, just so I don’t forget something. Funny, I still  find things to add to these lists!  Still hate packing!  For awhile I experimented with packing old clothes and shoes that I would leave behind to make room for purchases but I hate to shop now on vacation as much as I hate to pack and I find that many things can be ordered online and shipped after the fact or shipped from the shop or gallery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cinbeach said:

Lois - Have a wonderful flight - please post about your Flight tomorrow and what you needed to get on the plane - just a Vaccine Card and The Form -or something else

Thanks Cindy

Hi Cindy, I don't want to make a promise I cannot keep so no promises about flights or anything else tomorrow.  I will see if there is a possibility of the hotel having computers available and if not, the postings will come after I board the ship. The only electronics I carry is a phone.......and its a PITA typing on there. 

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cindy, I don't want to make a promise I cannot keep so no promises about flights or anything else tomorrow.  I will see if there is a possibility of the hotel having computers available and if not, the postings will come after I board the ship. The only electronics I carry is a phone.......and its a PITA typing on there. 

Thanks Lois and no problem whenever you can please post about it.  I don't leave until July 24.  And most importantly HAVE FUN.