Countdown......Fly Me to the Moon...........

Lois R

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Looking forward to your review, Lois.  

Are you able to specifically describe and name the items that you ordered during your dining at the S.A.L.T dining venue?  

Hi, the items on the menu all have a pretty detailed description🙂........the first page changes daily......the last 3 pages stay the same.. (I think it is 3 pages.......). Can I name the items I ate?

Yes, I had a duck dish, a fish, and a lamb dish..........I cannot remember all the ingredients for all of them but I love that restaurant. When I sail Dawn next year I will be dining there again🙂

• Thanks 1

Lois thanks for your detailed cruise updates they were deeply appreciated. 
What did you think of the actual ship? Were you impressed with the new Silver Moon? Did you have a favorite place that you liked to hang out? We will be sailing on her 2023 to Rio. Thanks again. 

10 hours ago, Ilikebigboats said:

Lois thanks for your detailed cruise updates they were deeply appreciated. 
What did you think of the actual ship? Were you impressed with the new Silver Moon? Did you have a favorite place that you liked to hang out? We will be sailing on her 2023 to Rio. Thanks again. 

Good morning, I think the ship is beautiful🙂...very soft colors.  The linens (mattress specifically) was FANTASTIC👍......seriously wonderful.  It was supportive, yet cushiony. 

I would say I had 2 main favorite spots......one for drinking, one for relaxing........(you can tell what I was doing on this trip LOL).  At the pool, there is an area that is a bit aft of the pool. Normally this area has loungers but on Moon they put some comfy furniture......couches with big pillows and chairs to match and the area is all shaded.  I would find a couch and start reading a book, then in about 5 minutes, I would just lay back and fall asleep........it was heavenly really.  

Inside the ship, SALT Bar was my stop.........love that place👍😃.....it opens at 6:00pm.......so I would usually have a drink before dinner and would go back after I ate as well. 

I guess I have to figure out a way to write a review but I really wasn't going to do a full one..........

• Like 4

The comfy little area aft of the ship sounds perfect, shade, ocean view, a good book, and a glass of champagne what more do you need?

I am so happy that S.A.L.T.  is a success (in your opinion), to be honest I didn’t know if I was going to like it, but it looks like Silver Seas has a winner on their hands! Yay! 
I have booked my cabin on deck 9, after being on the ship which deck/ area do you think is the best for cabin location? I’m so used to the humongous ships, I guess on Silver Moon anywhere I choose will be close to everything. 
I completely understand if you don’t want to write a big fancy review, you have done a wonderful job taking us along on your cruise! Thanks!

• Like 1

As to deck preference, all of the verandah suites are the same, its just a different deck.

Personally I like to be on deck 5, low and midship. I like to be closer to the water.

There are lots of lovely places to sit outside in the shade. 

The Arts cafe and outside the Panorama are quiet areas. There is bar service as well. 

• Like 1

Hi Spins😀thanks for that photo and I had a cabin on deck 5. VERY good location for sure. Near Guest Relations. I got to know them and they are such nice people😀

• Like 1

Lois I have enjoyed your trip report very much. The SALT concept sounds wonderful as it is currently being executed. 

My only thought is that the open seating concept seems to work well now, when the ship is at 1/3 capacity, but I wonder if it will have to change once the ship starts filling up. 600 people competing for the same number of seats may be problematic compared to 200. Time will tell. Maybe reservations will be needed once capacity increases. Not a terrible thing. 

We are on Spirit in November, COVID willing... I miss traveling so much!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

As to deck preference, all of the verandah suites are the same, its just a different deck.

Personally I like to be on deck 5, low and midship. I like to be closer to the water.

There are lots of lovely places to sit outside in the shade. 

The Arts cafe and outside the Panorama are quiet areas. There is bar service as well. 

I always like being on deck 5...... 'cos its nearest to the bar! 😅

• Like 4

Hi JP, always nice to hear from you and hope you and Chris are both doing well🙂.  You know, that was a bit of a topic.

When the ship sails full again how will things change.  I know Atlantatide is open sitting too but that venue is  larger.  And remember, there are many dining choices so maybe they are thinking SALT won't fill up every night?...Not sure really. And to be honest, it is larger than it looks when you walk in.....it goes pretty far back.

Also, remember there is the SALT LAB too.......in my opinion, it was a big hit.......I went to 2 classes and enjoyed myself very much.😃 I know there are the folks who don't want to do any cooking while on a cruise and that is certainly their choice but this is just fun. It is not an "IRON CHEF" competition. But cooking an item that is part of the itinerary you are sailing.  If you and Chris are on the ship at that time, I bet you would really enjoy it👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, always nice to hear from you and hope you and Chris are both doing well🙂.  You know, that was a bit of a topic.

When the ship sails full again how will things change.  I know Atlantatide is open sitting too but that venue is  larger.  And remember, there are many dining choices so maybe they are thinking SALT won't fill up every night?...Not sure really. And to be honest, it is larger than it looks when you walk in.....it goes pretty far back.

Also, remember there is the SALT LAB too.......in my opinion, it was a big hit.......I went to 2 classes and enjoyed myself very much.😃 I know there are the folks who don't want to do any cooking while on a cruise and that is certainly their choice but this is just fun. It is not an "IRON CHEF" competition. But cooking an item that is part of the itinerary you are sailing.  If you and Chris are on the ship at that time, I bet you would really enjoy it👍

If you don’t mind, in the lab of SALT, do they have a set up for each person attending or is it just instruction from the chef?

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I think the ship is beautiful🙂...very soft colors.  The linens (mattress specifically) was FANTASTIC👍......seriously wonderful.  It was supportive, yet cushiony. 

I would say I had 2 main favorite spots......one for drinking, one for relaxing........(you can tell what I was doing on this trip LOL).  At the pool, there is an area that is a bit aft of the pool. Normally this area has loungers but on Moon they put some comfy furniture......couches with big pillows and chairs to match and the area is all shaded.  I would find a couch and start reading a book, then in about 5 minutes, I would just lay back and fall asleep........it was heavenly really.  

Inside the ship, SALT Bar was my stop.........love that place👍😃.....it opens at 6:00pm.......so I would usually have a drink before dinner and would go back after I ate as well. 

I guess I have to figure out a way to write a review but I really wasn't going to do a full one..........

Thank you so much for all the posts you've made about your cruise.  I have been particularly interested because I will be sailing on the Moon as  both a Silversea and solo traveler for the first time. Your experience sounds wonderful and has made me look forward to my cruise with even more anticipation. 

34 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

If you don’t mind, in the lab of SALT, do they have a set up for each person attending or is it just instruction from the chef?

Hi, there are 9 stations.........so 9 passengers can have a single station or if you are a couple, you can share that station.

7 minutes ago, Sunviking said:

Thank you so much for all the posts you've made about your cruise.  I have been particularly interested because I will be sailing on the Moon as  both a Silversea and solo traveler for the first time. Your experience sounds wonderful and has made me look forward to my cruise with even more anticipation. 

Hi Ann, I have been sailing solo since 2003........the majority of those were with Celebrity. I started cruising with Silversea in 2017 and mass market is behind me in the mirror.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, there are 9 stations.........so 9 passengers can have a single station or if you are a couple, you can share that station.

Thank you, sounds great—we’ll have to try it.  We just started cruising on Silverseas—

I noted from the earlier comments that the average number of guests on the first two cruises was close to 200, what is SS policy in regards to the maximum amount of passengers and has it gradually started to increase or is this number just based on demand? 

Hi, I honestly don't know how they decide on how many guests will sail. I know on my sailing, which was the 3rd........there were 200 revenued guests and from what I was told, there were 22 "others".

A few weeks back, on a Facebook live event, Barbara Muckerman had mentioned that after the first few cruises, they were planning on opening up to 75%. It might be that people are more hesitant to cruise at the moment. I am on the 8/17 Silver Moon sailing and am eager to see how many people will be on board, but based on information from recent cruisers and other COVID-related news, the ship(s) may not see 75% for a while.

2 hours ago, Jdell said:

A few weeks back, on a Facebook live event, Barbara Muckerman had mentioned that after the first few cruises, they were planning on opening up to 75%. It might be that people are more hesitant to cruise at the moment. I am on the 8/17 Silver Moon sailing and am eager to see how many people will be on board, but based on information from recent cruisers and other COVID-related news, the ship(s) may not see 75% for a while.

Was told yesterday that 75% was the number they were hoping for but had not booked nearly close to that.  I join the July 28 cruise - have sailed SS for over 20 years.

43 minutes ago, cinbeach said:

Was told yesterday that 75% was the number they were hoping for but had not booked nearly close to that.  I join the July 28 cruise - have sailed SS for over 20 years.

Hey, we will see you on board then 🤞👋